a question about the cold water trick

G

I've heard alot everywhere abou thow you are supposed to use cold water when preparing your coffee, but I havn't seen anywhere on why.

anyone have an answer to why you should use cold water before you bring it to a boil when you are making coffee?

G

cold water..

I've heard that when you use water from a hot water heater, it contains more metal parts than fresh cold water.

BellaJava

Aug 25, 2003
Visit site
Re: cold water..

roberto said:
I've heard that when you use water from a hot water heater, it contains more metal parts than fresh cold water.

I disagree... if anything a hotwater heater will cause minerals in the water to dissapate out of the water. Think about it, you have to purge your HWH every so often and all of the sludge that comes out... eck! :?

Bella

notmuffy

Mar 25, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Re: cold water..

BellaJava said:
roberto said:

I disagree... if anything a hotwater heater will cause minerals in the water to dissapate out of the water. Think about it, you have to purge your HWH every so often and all of the sludge that comes out... eck! :?

Bella
:D Um.... Bella, read Roberto's comment again! :wink:

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Tasty Sludge!

Then, perhaps, it is those very minerals retained in the cold water that intensify the flavors of coffee?

HK, as they used to say at my Alma Mater- whatever works for you, do it. Rules be damned!