A small coffee shop - coffee maker needed

angniempol

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I'm from Poland and I am establishing a small coffee shop in my city. The number of permanent seats is 14. Therefore, I'm looking for a coffee maker. I have no specific requirements but I did some research and this is what I've learnt:

- lots of people suggested that instead of buying a one-group maker, I should buy a two-group machine
- my local roastery recommends MCE Start (isn't it a Romanian brand?)
- another roastery discourages me from buying the said machine claiming these makers are equipped with teflon (PTFE) pipes and they said it was better if a coffee maker had brass ones. They recommend Saeco Aroma Compact SE200.
- I found the following machines being recommended on a Polish coffee lovers forum:
a) Profitec PRO 700
b) ROCKET R58 V3
c) ASCASO BARISTA 2GR
d) ALEX DUETTO III MC500
e) LA MACATEC DUAL BOILER
f) UNIVERSAL SYNCHRO 1GR AUTOMATIC
g) Bezzera C2013 PM 2GR
h) Bezzera BZ13 S DE PID or Bezzera BZ16 S DE

I was also told to avoid Spanish manufacturers (and the said Ascaso is a Spanish brand) because they apply plastic screws which crack very easily and may result in my coffee shop being flooded overnight.... I am not very convinced of Astoria - my local roasters said these machines break down easily and I wouldn't like my machine to break down after a few months. I wouldn't like to pay an arm and a leg for replacement parts either....

Could you please recommend something? My budget oscillates around EUR 2-2.5k. Of course, the cheaper the better but I know I need decent value for money.
Thanks in advance,
Arek

Last edited:

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
I have been using the Alex Duetto ll. Never had any problems with it and it gives you a nice cup. The newer model has some nice features.