about roasting Cofee Beans

Kona

Jun 10, 2004
Visit site
HI everybody

I would like to know something in roasting coffee Beans。It will very kind of you if you could tell me something on this,or even a recommendation to relative websites is also very helpful.Thanks.

Hello Kona- are you looking at roasting at home...or looking at getting into some kind of commercial roasting venture? The difference is kind of like a back street in Mumbai vs main road in Boulder! Let us know and I am sure there are a number of posters who will point you in the right (or somewhat right) direction

coughEadict

Oct 26, 2004
Columbus, Ohio
Visit site
Roasting Coffee

I am assuming you are wondering about roasting coffee in your home, otherwise you'd just have to head off to your local microroaster (no Starbucks, thank you very much).

The way I got into it was by doing a little research first. I don't usually, but I really like coffee and didn't want to screw it up too much. You would want to start out by purchasing some good green coffee. So far, for the money, I think www.sweetmarias.com has the best to offer (no I don't work for them, but I just like their selection, prices, and quickness of shipping best).

I started roasting with a stove-top popcorn popper modified with a candy thermometer. Trust me, this "modification" is quite simple. In fact, directions on this can be found at Sweet Maria's website. Then, just start practicing. I screwed up, I think, two or three roasts before I got the hang of it. But once I had it figured out, I never went back to drinking from the office sludgepot, from most coffee shops, and never--except in times of extreme exhaustion while travelling--Maxwell House, Folgers, or gas station sewerpots.

Hope that helps.