Aerobie Aeropress

SlowRain

Earlier in the year Tim Wendelboe in Norway held an AeroPress competition. Contestants were all given the same coffee and had to cup up with their own brewing method. Here is a link to the top three methods:

http://timwendelboe.no/2009/06/top-3-aeropress-methods/

Admittedly, I've only tried Alex's Method, but does it ever highlight the brightness. The other two involve turning the AeroPress upside down, which is a bit cumbersome for me. I'll give them a try some other time.

I would say that Alex's method gives a more full-bodied taste to the coffee than the one supplied on the instructions. But, be warned: it uses 20g of coffee.

Just a few more options for this already amazing little device.

IDrinkPurelyCoffee

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered one (at great expense), and then got sick, so the device has been waiting my attention! It seems easy to use, any comments on the grind level required. I realize I can't use a blade grinder, so I'm going to hand grind the coffee to get the best flavors.

Any tips?

rlauzon

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I usually do a pretty find grind for my Aeropress with my hand grinder and I use a little more water than they call for.

But other than that, it's pretty simple. Pour, stir, plunge, then dilute the result and add any extras - and enjoy.