Any advice? Cafeteria coffee

en_retard

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Hey! I just started drinking coffee, I like it, but I realize the machines in my cafeteria produce very sugary coffee... Note, I've never drank real coffee before so I can't tell exactly what's wrong, except that the residue is visibly an entire spoon of sugar, note that I poured about a cup and a half (thats a lot, I know). After that I become so hyper I can't even focus on anything, lectures, paper.. nothing. But I feel immediately happy, so there's definitely a benefit in drinking it. But I was wondering, should I just avoid this machine period? it has flavors like english toffee, vanilla cappuccino, and some others... they don't sound like real coffee flavors, its like I'm drinking fake coffee. I rather just not drink it if its fake, but its still better than hot chocolate, sometimes. Another choice I had was just taking decaf, or unflavored, coffe from a separate machine. ANYWAY, the big question.. would you drink coffee from cafeteria coffee machines? for lack of a better word, do you have any stories about what they do to those machines? thank you! :wink:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I agree...you need to find a good coffee shop. Heck...even coffee from places like McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts have coffee that's better than what you get out of the cafeteria machines!

I heard that those machines make the coffee from a coffee extract that sits in the machine until you push the buttons to make your selection. Then coffee extract is mixed with hot water and whatever flavoring or sweeteners that you select. People call it coffee, but I think it's a poor substitute for the real thing.

Find a good coffee shop, and you'll see the difference!

Rose