Any Local Roaster near Detroit Michigan?

rtippit2000

Oct 10, 2005
Visit site
Great Forum! Thanks for all the useful eyeopening information.

I am currently putting my business plan together for a coffee shop near Detroit.

For now, I am looking for any information about roasters located near the Detroit Area (Oakland and Macomb Counties).

I am just trying to get an idea about the local roasters' reputation and abilities.

Maybe someone would like to recommend a roaster?

Thanks

BeanGrinder

Aug 11, 2004
North Georgia, USA
Visit site
Hmmm....all the good roasters are in the South! :)

Hey, have you given any thought to buying a roaster and learning the craft yourself? It's more money and time to train, but in the end your shop would have a special draw with roaster fresh coffee.

In any case, there are several roasters in Michigan. This excerpt appeared in another post here on the coffee forums:

"Many places around here use Paramount Coffee out of Lansing. Frankenmuth Roastery in Frankenmuth,MI (South Saginaw County) Cadillac Coffee Co. is used around here a bit (Cadillac, MI), as is Coffee Express Co. out of the Detroit Area."

Hope that helps - good luck!

rtippit2000

Oct 10, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for that information

I will be opening in the fall of this year. I don't have the time now to learn how to roast but that is on the business plan for the 2nd year.

For now I just need a reliable and quality roast local to my area. I knew about some on the list but your reply really helped add a few more...Thanks.