Any Pavoni users here??

Quink

Feb 11, 2004
Bristol UK
Visit site
I found a website selling these things very cheaply and was thinking about getting one. I've had a look around the web at various sites. I guess I really want to know is that reviews seem to be either massively in favour or against them with out any middle ground. So does any one here use one regularly? and what do you think of it.

MikeTheBike

Jan 30, 2004
Blighty
Visit site
pavoni prof PL

Quink,

I've had my pavoni for about 4 years now, I probably over-use it a bit (according to my wife). Over the 4 years I have had to replace two sets of seals and one group head insert. The seals I replaced just as a bit of preventative maintenance (a full set of seals are about £8 ($15 ?) and take about 15 minutes to fit. The group head insert (including seals) was about £12 ($20 ?), and that was my fault!

I have freinds who have Gaggia bean to cup and others with pump models. The pavoni gets me a better cup 100% of the time.
Milk preparation takes a bit of getting used to, but like riding a bike...once you get it nailed its easy.

Oh, and you can prepare steam your milk and prepare your espresso and steam more milk etc etc without waiting....the boiler appears to keep up with steam output (on the 16 cup model at least!).

My rating? I wouldn't give it up unless I got a commercial machine....but even then, it would have to have style like the pavoni!

Quink

Feb 11, 2004
Bristol UK
Visit site
Cheers for the info, I was wondering if anyone serviced them here. The web site is the one I was going to order from :shock: . Did you get a good service from them?
The wife moaning must be a common thing, I get that as well :roll: , I make sure the rolling pin is out of arms reach at the time.

MikeTheBike

Jan 30, 2004
Blighty
Visit site
best of Italy

Quink,

service was real good, I got my Pavoni and Gaggia MDF grinder from them, both delivered within a week.

Fairfax, much the same but they do not have on-line ordering. But as far as I can make out they sell everything for the Pavoni and its real cheap and easy to repair.

MTB

rooby

Aug 29, 2004
Visit site
Re: pavoni prof PL

Mike,
Im a newbie with a Pavoni machine. Just bought a Dualit grinder and some expensive beans and not really getting a good cup yet
I think Im burning the coffee. I tried ginding the beans a bit coarser and that seemed to help a bit but still not getting that perfect cup.
any tips?
JB

MikeTheBike said:
Quink,

I've had my pavoni for about 4 years now, I probably over-use it a bit (according to my wife). Over the 4 years I have had to replace two sets of seals and one group head insert. The seals I replaced just as a bit of preventative maintenance (a full set of seals are about £8 ($15 ?) and take about 15 minutes to fit. The group head insert (including seals) was about £12 ($20 ?), and that was my fault!

I have freinds who have Gaggia bean to cup and others with pump models. The pavoni gets me a better cup 100% of the time.
Milk preparation takes a bit of getting used to, but like riding a bike...once you get it nailed its easy.

Oh, and you can prepare steam your milk and prepare your espresso and steam more milk etc etc without waiting....the boiler appears to keep up with steam output (on the 16 cup model at least!).

My rating? I wouldn't give it up unless I got a commercial machine....but even then, it would have to have style like the pavoni!