any Technivorm moccamaster users out there?

gburges3

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I am a long time coffee drinker but have only been a connoisseur for 2 weeks :) Just kidding I'm still a noob but have had a lot of fun reading posts on the forum over the past week. Looking forward to learning from all of you guys!

C

coffeeloverlisa

We own TWO of them! One at home and one at our cottage. The best thing about them is they make the coffee HOT. They also make a gorgeous pot of coffee to serve to friends at the table.

Worth every penny!

Cheers!

gburges3

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey Lisa how often do you descale your machines? On mine, the line from the reservoir to the filter cup is already beginning to cloud and I've only had it a week.

Thanks!

gburges3

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Water's pretty soft here but it looks like scaling to me. Picked up a pound from a local roaster here in Huntsville, AL called the Kaffeeklatsch. So good! Can't wait until I actually know what I'm doing!

C

coffeeloverlisa

I have not had that problem and I am in two different municipalities. I have had the machines since last October and not descaled or touched them other than making coffee.

Lisa

argy-b

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Moccamaster from Boyds 18 months ago and have loved it. However 10 days ago it stopped brewing - the switch lights and hotplate still work, but it looks like the element's packed up. Anybody else seen this? It's an awful lot of money for only a year and a half use...

gailirv

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Did you find an answer? This same thing happened to me. Switch lights up...no coffee made. now it sits on a back shelf and I'm struggling to go out and put this kind of money into yet another coffee pot. I love the coffee I get from it. but ouch....

argy-b

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
defunct moccamaster

Did you find an answer? This same thing happened to me. Switch lights up...no coffee made. now it sits on a back shelf and I'm struggling to go out and put this kind of money into yet another coffee pot. I love the coffee I get from it. but ouch....

Nope. It went in the trash. I eventually got a response from Boyds (it helps if you copy in the Technivorm head office in holland). I was advised to descale, which I'd already done several times. Then there was radio silence from them so I threw it out. A day or so later the guy at Boyds emailed to say it might be the float switch, but it was too late... Good luck!