anyone else hate Mondays?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I'm sure its not just me. I came into a busy day of roasting. We had our first batch of flavor base in when we smelled something odd...I told my guy to dump the batch because there was a fire. He opened the door and only few beans came out. I asked him if the drum was on and he said yes..thats when I relized the chain had broken. :cry: needless to say we got the coffee out by grabbing the gear and turning it manually. Hope the day goes better from here on...

lachris

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Visit site
Yes - Mondays....how long until Friday...???

Sorry for your product loss. Hope you can recover quickly.

I had a bad Saturday at the Farmers market. Last one was the best ever. This past one we sold no bags of beans - none - Zero. Lots of cups of coffee but no bags of coffee - all that fresh roasted coffee aging by the hour...loss of $$$. The traffic was way off and this next Saturday is the last one for the year.

Ahhh Mondays...I need a cup of coffee... :(

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
It sucks about the 2 bags..but I'm more concerned about the 5,000 lbs of pounds I could have been roasting while the machine is down. It is going to be a long day :( Well off to Grainger to fix my chain..GOTTA LOVE GRAINGER!!!! :D

Temuri

Nov 12, 2005
Tbilisi Georgia
Visit site
topher said:
I'm sure its not just me. I came into a busy day of roasting. We had our first batch of flavor base in when we smelled something odd...I told my guy to dump the batch because there was a fire. He opened the door and only few beans came out. I asked him if the drum was on and he said yes..thats when I relized the chain had broken. :cry: needless to say we got the coffee out by grabbing the gear and turning it manually. Hope the day goes better from here on...
What roaster is that?