Anyone familiar with a psuedo-franchise Crimson Cup?

picasso66

Jun 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi. I am new to the forum and enjoy reading all the information it provides. I am considering opening a coffee house/lounge in So. Cal. Since I am new to the coffee business, I am looking into the pros and cons of going with a coffee franchise or going independent. Then I ran into this franchise Crimson Cup. I called them a psuedo-franchise because they seem to provide all the benefits of a franchise without the royalty fees and mandatory ad fees normally paid to a franchise. CC is about promoting independent coffee houses. So , the short of it is , they get you started, supply equipment and become your supplier, provide a BP, give you a blue print for your counter, etc.. for alot less than a franchise would charge.

My question to the coffee gurus is : Is anyone familiar with them , heard of them, it's a scam and I should run away screaming. Maybe someone has used them before to get started, upside -downside to using them, etc...

I have talked to them on several occasions and they seem genuinely interested in my success and are available 24/7 with support. Thank you for any thoughts or opinions.

BTW, I have visited Jim's Muddy Cup wesbite and he is truly an inspiration for us all just starting out. For that, I thank you.

( sorry the long first post. Others won't be as long or meandering, I promise) :wink:

edl

May 30, 2006
Visit site
I'm also looking into the drive-up coffee business, and have similar questions. I haven't looked into Crimson Cup specifically, other than a brief visit to their website, but I was also wondering about the pros and cons of franchises vs. independent. For those of you who have already made that decision, which one did you make and were you satisfied with what you did? Regrets? Things you wish you would've known before-hand? Thanks!

javayankee

I have heard good things about Crimson Cup though I don't have any direct experience with them. I suggest you do a search on these forums for "crimson cup" and you'll find a number of postings...I know there are some folks here who have used them and have been quite happy. You'll also find a number of other fine consultants who post here...so scour the postings - you'll gleen a lot of information. In regards to Crimson Cup, I did visit a local shop that they worked with and was favorably impressed.

christina

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Crimson Cup is genuine

Hi, yes this company is true to their word. They have awesome coffee. I worked for a lady that used CC to get her coffee shop started. Someone actually comes to you and trains you and your employees. I met Armando. He actually developed his own blend of beans, which is great. They take orders everyday and support you in all aspects of the business. When I have the funds and the time (I am a stay at home mom of three) I plan on using CC to supply all my needs of a coffee shop.

christina

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Never again

:x If you are not allowed to speak your opinion about something, then people should not ask questions about particular companies and how they run. I did not think that people who owned coffee shops would be rude as to email me saying...

do not spam on this site

Don't bother telling me about how I spammed in my first and only post about CC. And what does that question supposed to mean??

This will be my last post. :!: