Anyone using the "free" java jackets

susansaddiction

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
I've seen ads in some natinal coffee mags about free java jacket with national ads on them...anyone using them and if so what's been the response? I have a couple of local biz owner interested in doing them with me....not sure how i feel about advertising on my cups....
Susan

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
I think there is a company called "Bright Visions" out of California. They will provide you with free java jackets...The only catch is, that it has national advertising so some of the advertisers may not be in your area. We use them in our places, and have passed on the info to many others. I don't have their number off hand, but if you go on line and do a search you may find them... :)

T-Rai

Jul 19, 2006
Quad Cities
Visit site
BriteVisions, I haven't used their free java jackets, but I have placed an order with them and anticipating their arrival for custom made sleeves. I searced for quite some time and found them to be real reasonable for custom made. 4 color even!! Excellent customer service too. Plus, I'm so excited but they have the cheapest rates that I've been able to find for plain white paper cups-solo even! I'm totally pumped about my find.

I'm opening in 3 weeks from Monday!! ZOIKS!! :-D

Pnay

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Cups too?

I didn't know Britevision carries cups too. I'll definitely give them a call to see if I can get a good deal on cups and custom printed jackets. Thanks for the tip!

javaluva

May 15, 2005
USA
Visit site
I let local companies buy the sleeves and advertise. It is great! I haven't bought a sleev in 6.5 years! The catch is, you need to have YOUR drink cup be original from all others in your area. I feel it leaves a mark that you are commited to your area, and your customers. Besides...when they're free, heck! Everyone loves them! Customers love sleeves. Do they really pay attention to whose name is on it? I do make the companies agree that they will not advertise with anyone in my industry, besides me. If they agree, I feel it is a win win situation! Good Luck with whatever you do.

javaluva

May 15, 2005
USA
Visit site
I let local companies buy the sleeves and advertise. It is great! I haven't bought a sleev in 6.5 years! The catch is, you need to have YOUR drink cup be original from all others in your area. I feel it leaves a mark that you are commited to your area, and your customers. Besides...when they're free, heck! Everyone loves them! Customers love sleeves. Do they really pay attention to whose name is on it? I do make the companies agree that they will not advertise with anyone in my industry, besides me. If they agree, I feel it is a win win situation! Good Luck with whatever you do.

Javamom

May 19, 2005
SW Florida
Visit site
Javaluva what a great idea!!

Do you rotate the companies for advertising? Or do you..buy a box and you use that box and your onto the next with a different company advertising? Do you put all the companies on one box?
I love this!

:)

silverkatzchen

Jun 15, 2006
Visit site
brite vision

just warning people, the free ad thing is great, but sometimes can't be counted on. If they don't have advertisers - you don't get your jackets. Are there any other companies besides Brite Vision doing this?

likemhot

Sep 14, 2006
Visit site
anyone using "free" java jackets

Not a coffee shop owner point of view. As a customer, i really don't care what the advertising is. It may catch my eye or sometime potentially get me thinking about products they may have.
One very cool jacket i have encountered is the one with breath mints glued to the outside of the jacket. I thought this was very cool, help alleviate some bad breath post coffee drinking.