apprentice

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
We are looking for an apprentice coffee roaster in the South Florida. We are located in Deerfield Beach(near Boca Raton). The person we are looking for does not need to have any roasting experience at all...just a true passion for coffee. Being mechanically inclined is good and having a sense of humor is a must. I am not going to sugar coat this, this position is physically challenging and there can often be long hours of work involved. This is a great opportunity for but we always have a great time. We are an EOE and drug free work place. We do background checks and drug test on all potential employees. If interested please contact me at [email protected]

Baugo

Nov 24, 2006
Visit site
HMMMM Palm trees? Coffee? Warm beaches? This sounds like the begining of one of those love stories, well the part about the coffee anyway :D

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Well a year and a half later I finally found an apprentice! Thanks to this forum I found him...or should I say he found us. It is going to be a great experience on both ends! Will keep y'all posted!

ElPugDiablo

Hey topher, I finally booked my trip to Boca. I'll be there Friday 3/2 to Monday 3/5. If you are roasting on Monday and if you have time, I love to stop by and play in your coffee lab and be an one day apprentice. Oh...I don't clean chaff I don't clean stack and I don't scrub blowers...those are for your real apprentice.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I will pm you my cell number...I can give you a tour on Monday if you would like :grin: We get here around 3:30am.. :(

Baugo

Nov 24, 2006
Visit site
Outstanding Topher. I wish you all the best. Teach um'well. To your apprentice, watch him very close, he's kinda old and now that he has someone to carry him, you'll be workin your tail off :p :wink:

Temuri

Nov 12, 2005
Tbilisi Georgia
Visit site
topher said:
Well a year and a half later I finally found an apprentice! Thanks to this forum I found him...or should I say he found us. It is going to be a great experience on both ends! Will keep y'all posted!
HEY Topher! How is doing your apprentice? Is he ok? Does he roast coffee? or only you do? I myself dont let anybody to roast coffee but robustas.
One question: What is the average salary of a skilled roaster in US?