Are installation and training worth the extra $$$ ???

skitzes

Jan 4, 2005
Visit site
i can get a brand new simonelli for $4450 with nothing but the manufacturers warranty or i can get it for $7000 with installation, training, parts/labor, and maintenance. is the extra expense worth it???

thanks for all your responses to my last post. =)

Hey Skitzes. I certainly think having the backup of training, maintainence, parts/labour etc is a must. Your espresso machine is the engine of your whole business, if you have a problem with it you really need to get it up and running again ASAP. I would however shop around. I am not familiar with the market in the USA but the price differential between the sell price and the all in price seems huge. If I could offer such a deal on my machines here in Indonesia I would be a very rich man :wink:

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Well the installation is easy, but if you no experience working on a Nuova Simonelli then it is definitely worth the extra. Especially since it includes both parts/labor, and maintenance. PM me and we can talk about other machines besides the NS.

espressomaniac

Jul 8, 2004
Tacoma
Visit site
:grin: :grin: :shock: :grin: :grin:

Come on guys, his machine will work perfectly the first few years without anything needed except regular backflushing as well as a few group head/screen exchanges, nothing any monky can't handle, .. .. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Training, contact your local roaster, see if they offer that, ask them to send someone down to help train you on location, might as well do it in the real world enviroment..... if their beans are good, then you have that end pro bono as long as you just keep buying them, they have plenty to directly gain by you doing it right.

To expand upon this, that machine is mainstream,, so it's not only very user friendly, it's designed for the 9-5 minimum wage worker to handle, which isn't much, so it's a no brainer to handle along that end.... parts, type in Nuova Simonelli parts in any search engine, no need to even elaborate upon that one, you'll find plenty.....

On a final note here, you all should know you have the option of purchasing annual warrantees both from the manufacturer as well as outside repair/tech companies to insure your equipment is not only working, it's fine tuned and up to par. I get alot of feedback about people complaining about bringing out a tech at 80.00 an hour, . . well, just saying, there are alternatives.

Excuse my ramblings, I'm not a Nuova Simonelli distributor, just I know the line and it's strenghths.

skitzes

Jan 4, 2005
Visit site
how about conti?

would i also be able to get by with the installation of a conti without any professional help?

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Yah a monkey could do all that, but what happens when say a person who decides not to go the extra mile with that warranty has really bad water. Now if the water hardness is 3 to 7 grains that machine will run for a few years fine. But if the water is like mine and in the 25 to 30 grain marker, it won't even take 1 year before it starts to fail.

Heck, I have changed out my own injectors on my Cimbali after 6 months and 2 out of the 4 were clogged with scale build up. Now image the rest of machine flow meters, element, inner boilers, main boiler, pressurestat, pump, and piping that are all starting to feel the effects of scaling. This is why you want someone who knows how to properly install and maintain your equipment. And if they are offering this in a warranty with parts and labor then by all means go for it.

BaristaTrainer

Oct 18, 2004
Portland, OR
Visit site
CCafe has a good point. To compbat the water issue you may look at using a company like Cirqua http://www.cirqua.com

They intalled a custom water filtration system at the American Barista & Coffee School and the difference is amazing. They optimze the hardness of your water per your area and water hardness.

Skip Finley from cirqua show me lots of horror pictures of machines from high volume coffee shops in regards to scale and sediment. We also did taste tests of coffee and tea brewed with water at three different ppm levels and WOW what a difference.

BT