artigiano electric roaster

bpep

Nov 8, 2004
silver spg, md
Visit site
Does anyone out there have any experience using the Artegiano 5.5 electric roaster. It is made by Delaware City Coffee.

I understand that traditional drum roasters are said to give more consistant roasts than electric, but what about electricity costs? How do the prices to run these machines compare?

Any other info would be appreciated. THANK YOU

Sinister703

May 31, 2004
Windsor,Ontario
Visit site
Hi, I looked at those awhile back, I dont think they have a cooling tray with exhaust and mixer, do they? Id prefer a machine with those features, even a smaller one. Ambex makes a small 2.2 Kg one like that. I think Primo does also.

gad-yael

Jan 1, 2007
ISRAEL
Visit site
Hi,
I'm the manufacturer of Artigiano 2.5 Kg and would like to comment on remarks made regarding this model, and put forward the accurate information:
First, the Artigiano is manufactured in Israel by Coffee-Tech Engineering, not by Delaware Coffee Company. Second, the Artigiano is equipped with exhaust connected both to drum and cooling tray, powered by a Siemens blower which is mounted on the chaff collector. Cooling of 5.5 lbs is done in about 5 minutes. As for the lack of a mixer: the question is, why would you need one if cooling is done in five minutes? Mixer makes roasters more expensive, larger, needs maintenance and requires more careful operation as hands and clothing might get caught in blades. In sum, while mixer is a must-have devise in larger machines it is hardly necessary in smaller roasters which are equipped with efficient cooling arrangements.
Sincerely,
Gad Evgi
Coffee-Tech Engineering Ltd.

mercerscoffee

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a cafe & micro roastery in Fla. I am using the Artigiano and the Torrefatore roasters in my shop. I have owned these roasters for about 5 years now. In house we probable roast about 200 lbs. per week. These roasters I have to abmit are absolute work horse. Sometimes, getting Tech support can be a little challenging, and finding someone to do any complicated repairs, can be a bit of a challenge. But, for 4 years they were absolutley trouble free. And the repairs have only been, a switch, or heating element. Nothing of any serious concern. Cooling is a bit different. When the beens are dumped, if you are roasting 3-5 lb.s you have to move them about by hand with something. They do a fantastic job of roasting. And they are 220v. so you don't have to bother with gas, if not convieniently available. And no control over the heat, but by the time the heat begins to ramp the beans are ready to dump. When roasting small quantities in the Artigiano, I just open the valve at the hopper half way or all the way for 1lb. But then, I have the Torrefatore for the smaller roasts. 2.2lb.