Atmospheric Coffee Establishments

Kenyon1976

Jan 29, 2019
Visit site
While I enjoy the product at many establishments I'm longing for a place that models either traditionally or in a modern sense the atmosphere of private clubs (like the explorers club). The traditional aesthetic being reading rooms with expansive chairs, muted lighting, fireplaces (tough due to regulations these days) and interesting decor. I'm sure this is achievable in a modern/post modern design concept as well. Certainly it would be more expensive but may have potential, think of enjoying a coffee by the fire on comfortable chair reading a book, or a more public room with private spaces for groups to engage in meaningful conversation.

Most of the venues I frequent are ones that are alright for short visits, the chairs are hard, it can be noisy and everything is in one space. It would cost more to build out a larger establishment but it could be augmented by serving foods that are complimentary to coffee on a small scale. Why not have barista classes as well, maybe even competitions? Lectures on coffee?