Backflushing???

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I don't want to sound like a total newbie, but could someone explain how to backflush a machine properly? I recently bought a Capresso 351 unit at a fantastic price and it works great. It's a huge step up from the cheap DeLonghi that I was using. I've read and totally understand the manual that came with it, but need to know how to backflush. Thanks for any info. Later!

I must say I do not know too much about small home use machines- but you should read the user manual thoroughly first. Many smaller machines are not designed to be backflushed- instead they have built in "self clean" programmes. Putting a blind plate in and turning the brew group on may end up resulting in big problems if the machine is not designed for back flushing.Good luck

LiftOff

Nov 3, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
If your capresso has a 3 way soleniod valve it is usually a safe bet to backflush. However if your machine is still under warranty, check w/ the manufacturer, many companies claim that backflushing will void the warranty (for reasons totally unrelated to backflushing).

The Grindz cleaner is not a subsitute for a complete strip down/grinder cleaning but I found that using it in between strip downs makes that job a bit easier and less frequent.