baked goods storage question

crema123

Mar 10, 2007
Cook Islands
Visit site
Hello,

Hopefully this is an easy question, especially for those who are already running a coffee shop.

I plan on getting my baked goods (muffins, bagels, etc) from a bakery, and selling them in the coffee shop. I would like to store the muffins, etc in a dual zone display case - the problem is this is a hugely expensive piece of equipment and used ones are very hard to find here.

Does anyone have ideas on how to merchandise the dry goods? Ideally I would just get a refrigerated display case, but I'm uncertain about putting muffins and bagels in there. I suppose when someone orders a muffin I could always throw it in the microwave for a few seconds, but this seems pretty inefficient. I don't know ... any advise?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Heidi

Nov 9, 2007
Iceland
Visit site
We keep bagels and muffins in room tempeture during the day when we are actually selling them, the muffins in a display box and the bagels in a drawer. We also have a lot of bages and muffins frozen that we take out in the mornings for the whole day. We never use a microwave (because we haven't got one), but if the food needs to be warm up a bit before we can display it for sale, we put it on top of the oven that we use to bake pastry.