Bean Loader

BeanGrinder

Aug 11, 2004
North Georgia, USA
Visit site
I have a real bug to build something! So naturally I started looking around at my shop and wondering what I could build that would save some labor. The best I could come up with is a bean loader. I think pneumatic is the way to go as there is less damage to the beans, fewer moving parts, etc.

Anyone ever built one of these? Do you have one you could share the specs for? I'm thinking a good stretch of PVC and a leaf blower! Any thoughts?

Topher: Did you say you have a friend that builds this kind of stuff?

-B.G.

BeanGrinder

Aug 11, 2004
North Georgia, USA
Visit site
It's a YM-15...I outgrew the YM-2 I bought from you last year! A friend suggested mounting a bottom-less ShopVac on the hopper and have it suck the beans up and into the hopper rather than positive air pressure to blow the beans up the tube.

Your thoughts?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Yeah...first off you where supposed to call me when you got back from your trip...you where supposed to also tell me when you where opening so I could take a wee road trip on my bike to see your place!!! As to a loader....man you do not need one...are you telling me you are too lazy to lift the coffee 8 feet...its only a bit over 30 lbs....sigh...if you want a loader you could build one...the thing is you do not want to half ass this...customers are going to see this...so it has to look proffesional...oh well I am glad you where not thinking of a loader for the 2 kilo...you better call me tomorrow!!!
:wink: