Being sick...

cuppED

May 15, 2005
Visit site
I'm sick right now (I know, it's summer, how could I possbily be sick, hahaha, it must be b/c of stress), but I was just wondering, does coffee help in any way when you're sick or should it be something you stay away from?

redmoose

Aug 18, 2004
Visit site
coffe is always good when you are sick esp if you are congested hold the warm mug up to your face right under the eyes and ohhh what a feeling. also coffee calms my stomach some if i am under stress. so yea coffee when your sick and especially when your not

~redmoose~

cindy

Feb 8, 2005
South Africa
Visit site
a while ago my mother thaught it good to make me a cup of tea...

firstly, i cant remember the last time i had tea, so i wasnt very keen on it.

i finished the whole cup, didnt realy enjoy it and also, "mother is a bit sensitive" and i felt sooo sick to my stomach not too long after!

coffee is the drug that keeps me going and im pretty sure my digestive system goes on strike when i give it anything different from what its use to.

lol

Just to upset the scales I will add my few cents worth. I guess because I drink so much coffee when healthy, when I am feeling sick (like just now with the flu) I cant drink coffee at all. If I do I normally end up with feeling worse for my efforts. However as soon as able, back to my healthy dose of doppios! :grin:

haytoniaho

Jun 21, 2006
NJ
Visit site
i think black coffee is ok, but ofcourse it depends on the illness
For example, I'm sick right now too! I think for sore, itchy throats anything with milk usually isnt too good...i think!

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
milk

yeah milky stuff will just make you pflegmy.

Coffee is a stimulant so you have to look at it that way. If you are
running a fever I would think it would be good for you since it will raise your body temp slightly w/o your body having to do any work.

Always makes me feel better but I think its more mental than anything else.