Best bean/roaster for sweet espresso?

alpha6164

Feb 3, 2005
Visit site
I just purchased a $1000 superautomatic espresso machine and only drink espresso/cappucino. I have done quite a bit of reading here/coffeereview etc. I have just ordered some Terroir Coffee Northern Italian blend espresso and was also looking for a few other good sources for sweet non-bitter espressos. Here are the contenders: Forgive the mispellings:

1) Intelligentias Black Cat
2) Flying Goat
3) Paradise Roasters Espressor Blend
4) Supreme Bean Coffee Roasters
5) Any 100% Kona Beans
6) Any 100% Jamaican Beans

All other suggestions welcomed. Thank you.

LiftOff

Nov 3, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
I would like to suggest my very own "Dark Star" espresso.

Amazing amounts of crema, a buttery smooth nuttiness and just a hint of chocolate!

No list of the top espresso is complete without Rocket Coffee's
"Dark Star" espresso!

Don't want to be beaten over the head here- but have recently stumbled accross a small, sweet robusta from East Nusa Tenggara. Having had my fill of WIB Lampung and Java Robustas, I was pleasantly surprised to find this bean and have been using wee quantities in my espresso. I KNOW I always spout on about the fabulous quanlities of Indonesian Arabics, but sometimes the richness can be too much...even in a blend. I have been experimenting with this robusta to add another layer to the tone-als in the blend...it works well. The robusta has a berry-honey suckle nose pre-roast...so good I really don't want to put it in the drum. Post roast the aromas are less powerful, but not really like the old, dry, pop corn aroma you get from the traditional Indo Robustas. Not going Rob-o here...just my 2 cents on an unusual bean.

ElPugDiablo

Out of those you have listed I have tried Terroir Northern Italian blend, Flying Goat, Paradise Roasters Espresso Blend. I liked Terroir's, less so with Flying Goat's, but Paradise Roasters Espresso Blend I had was simply outstanding. You might also want to put Kaldi's Best Fellowship of the Bean Organic, and Espressovivace's Espresso Vita on your list. Have not try the Black Cat, maybe I'll order some while I am online :) :) :)

LiftOff

Nov 3, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
I have tried all the mentioned (in original post) with the exception of Paradise roasters. They all are good but I can & will say that the only one I would purchase again (since I roast myself) is the Black Cat by Intell.
The others were good, but not exceptional...the Black Cat was. But like any proud parent I like my kids best!

ddines

Feb 7, 2005
Visit site
Anything from Schapira's

Have you tried Schapira's yet? You can choose from (darkest to lightest)
Napoli, Roma, or Dos Rios. They are amazing.