best coffee farms

You could well ask "how long is a piece of string!". Everyone on this forum has their own ideas of which origins and sub origins produce the best arabica. Being in Indonesia I would of course point to some origns here, but the boys and girls in Hawaii, Jamaica, Brazil and Central America who also post on this forum would probably just as quickly point to coffees produced in their corners of the world. That is the beauty of coffee- if its good, then any origin could be th one to take your own personal choice of "best coffee in the world" (although I would saying just picking 1 is pretty tough)

tsmalls0

Oct 18, 2007
Washington
Visit site
[quote:de1a67c9a2=\"Alun_evans\"]You could well ask \"how long is a piece of string!\". Everyone on this forum has their own ideas of which origins and sub origins produce the best arabica. Being in Indonesia I would of course point to some origns here, but the boys and girls in Hawaii, Jamaica, Brazil and Central America who also post on this forum would probably just as quickly point to coffees produced in their corners of the world. That is the beauty of coffee- if its good, then any origin could be th one to take your own personal choice of \"best coffee in the world\" (although I would saying just picking 1 is pretty tough)[/quote:de1a67c9a2]

I would probably say its a toss up between Jamaica and Hawaii. I love Jamaica blue Mountain. I like Kona. I have tried other coffees from other parts of the world but they just did not do it for me. Just my $0.02.

alanj11

Sep 10, 2007
Visit site
I have had the distinct pleasure of cupping and sampling JBM Wallingford Estate, Kona, Don Telmo from Mesa de los Santos, Kenya Jungle Estate, Yemen Mocha, Tanzanian Peaberry, Cup Of Excellence winners from Panama, Colombia, Guatemala, Nicaragua, La Magnolia from Minita de Oro in Costa Rica, with a few others thrown in.

It's no different than wine in the sense you develop a taste for certain characteristics and nuances. But you suddenly discover that you can appreciate the difference in each one. For me, JBM and Kona didn't get it, but Kauai Estate was really good.

I thought all Central and South American varietals would be mild, but then I got a taste of a Guatemalan bean with some body to die for! I found that I had to approach each one with an open mind and a ready tongue. There's no such thing as a bad coffee, just coffee you don't resonate with.

Davec

Oct 18, 2006
Old England (UK)
Visit site
ella said:
where is the best coffee comes from?

Sometimes, only sometimes....my roaster :wink:

But seriously it's a question the same as

Whats the best fruit
Whats the best meat
Whats the best fish
Whats the best cereal

It's down to personal taste, and it's even possible that one year you may have a Yirg to dies for and another year a mexican might tickle your fancy. Me personally I like to have the widest range of coffees possible available to me and then enjoying the occasional hidden gems that come up from time to time.

I have 24 coffees at the moment, soon to rise to around 34.....bliss, for me variety is the spice of life, I love em all.