Best Coffee Maker

cuppED

May 15, 2005
Visit site
What is everyone's opinion on the best and inexpensive coffee maker machine? Please, NO POD MACHINES! I want the one where you put in a filter and pour in the grinds and hot water. Let me know, thanks. :lol:

richedie

Jan 25, 2005
Visit site
Maybe I haven't tried enough good drip makers at home but now I wonder which is best ath home? The jury is still out on our cold brew Toddy but you have little caffeine rush with it so we use the French Press a a lot! Now, I have a relative who uses a nice brushed stainless steel Cuisinart Brew Central and the guy makes amazing coffee at home! I wonder....drip or french?

richedie

Jan 25, 2005
Visit site
I can't figure out how to edit a post so I am posting again...sorry. Are you looking for the best way to brew at home and the cheapest or reasonable? I personally like to start with a good bean and a good grinder,,,,,and the french press seems to make the best at home for me.

twiggygirl

Feb 15, 2006
Indiana
Visit site
Have you tried the Cuisinart Coffee on Demand system? I'm looking into that.

How much time and effort is in the French Press? I have a perk machine but it uses WAY too much coffee grounds and is cumbersome.

just wondering.....thanks in advance! :D

richedie

Jan 25, 2005
Visit site
I talked to probably the two best coffee roaster companies in Philadelphia and they recommended using a French Press at home as the best way to extract all the flavors and aromas out of coffee. I just started buying some local Torreo coffee and went back to the French Press and love it. Clean up is easy and preparation is also easy. The perc had a tendency to make bitter coffee.

cuppED

May 15, 2005
Visit site
I totally forgot I started this thread.

Well, could someone give me some good brand names on presses and drip machines? I guess my price range would be no more than $50.