Best coffee syrups?

Clintr89

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
I was curious to what everyone thought were the best syrups for lattes? Preferably natural or organic and especially without high fructose corn syrup...

brewdusoleil

Feb 7, 2007
Visit site
My vote is for Organics To You Cé Syrup (pronounced 'key', a Celtic word for 'earth'). They are 100% organic and the best syrups I've ever had. The vanilla, caramel, hazelnut, raspberry are definitely winners. They have a nice full rich flavor and not that cloying artificial flavor like Monin's organic line.
The problem is they are really difficult to source and distribution is almost nonexistent in the US but the flavor is worth the effort. Maybe if demand picks up, their distribution flow will even out...I am hoping!

Sep 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Visit site
we are an organic coffee house in las vegas and originally half of our syrups were Ce organics.
unfortunately they only had one company doing their distribution out here and we can no longer get it locally. they have great fruit flavors and their chocolate syrup was great (although we got a whole case that had bad safety seals)

we also use monin organics. now mostly because we are out of ce organic products. still looking for a good organic chocolate and caramel sauce.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
We use Torani at work and they're pretty good. For our hot chocolate and all espresso based drinks we use Ghirardelli Chocolate, White Chocolate and Caramel sauces. They're very rich and pull through any drink nicely. Later!

cindy

Feb 8, 2005
South Africa
Visit site
I use to only use da vinci syrup, but im onto Monin now...pretty gewd stuff!

what is the price difference between organic and natural syrup...and can you honestly say its worth the extra? is the flavour so much better?

Sep 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Visit site
cindy said:
what is the price difference between organic and natural syrup...and can you honestly say its worth the extra? is the flavor so much better?

This is the typical response to organic products it seems to miss the main point of organic.
First- you aren't putting anything unnatural in your body. Allot of that junk is down right bad for you. Oh man have you read the ingredient list for guradelli? (sp)
Second - the environmental impact (growing with no pesticides)

Flavor is important. and the organic products i listed imo- are much better.

the price is more and its harder to get. but to me it is well worth it to support good industries.

brewdusoleil

Feb 7, 2007
Visit site
I'll second SunriseCoffee.
As far as the Ce syrups go, they are worth it and they do taste better. I'm glad the Monin sales reps weren't on top of returning phone calls when we were first trying to source a syrup supplier because side by side, Ce wins hands down.

Do a little internet research and you'll see that the combination of citric acid and sodium benzoate is carcinogenic. This is why I do organic. I can't trust the FDA.

amr8520

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I have a question regarding coffee syrups. I bought some pumpkin spice coffee that is very spicey and not very pumpkin-y...so, I am looking for a very pumpkin-y pumpkin syrup. Many of the pumpkin syrups out there are pumpkin spice, and I'm hesitant in buying them because any if I add a little more spice to this coffee, I'll never be able to taste the pumpkin. Ideally, I'm looking for an exclusively pumpkin syrup, but a pumpkin syrup with a strong, but sweet, pumpkin taste and a soft/weak spice taste would be okay. I was looking at the following, and was wondering if anyone has ever tried either of these and can tell what they taste like:

http://www.davincisyrups.com/products/p ... oductID=96 (Da Vinci's Pumpkin Pie Syrup)
http://www.amazon.com/Monin-Pumpkin-Spi ... B000BVQ3PE (Monin's Pumpkin Spice Syrup)

If anyone knows of any other pumpkin syrups that have a good pumpkin taste, please let me know! Also, I'm definitely open to organic syrups, although it's not necessary.

Please also take note that the pumpkin spice coffee I have is very light, so anything that would significantly weaken the taste of the coffee probably wouldn't work, although maybe I could use such a syrup with a strong, non-flavored coffee.

Anyways, I've rambled enough. If anyone has a good suggestion I'd really love to hear it!

Thanks a lot!

CharlieBeanCompany

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Monin, is one of the pure syrups on the market. They don't use pottasium chloride or sodium benzonate to preserve their syrups. Such as Torani or Davinci. Also, I dont know why anyone would use Da Vinci as they have sold out to sams club.

You are in the specialty coffee business. There is nothing special to your customers about a syrup that they can buy at Sams club. Keep it unique! Keep them coming to you for great drinks.

Ellie

Dec 27, 2004
GA
Visit site
I believe the "pumpkin" in Pumpkin Spice syrup refers to the spices that are used in pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread, namely cinnamon, cloves, and allspice.

Ellen

rogercurtis

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Well i must say my knowledge about best of coffees and the syrups that go along with them is at a very nascent stage.May i know how irish creme will go with latte?

brewdusoleil

Feb 7, 2007
Visit site
rogercurtis said:
Well i must say my knowledge about best of coffees and the syrups that go along with them is at a very nascent stage.May i know how irish creme will go with latte?

Quite well, I must say. :) If flavored lattes are your thing, of course.