Best Commercial Espresso Machine?

jayace

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone has any insight into what are considered to be the best commercial espresso machines?

I'm starting a mobile cafe business, so something automatic or at very least semiautomatic is preferable. I've heard that Franke Evolution espresso machines are fairly top grade, but they seem quite pricey. Is there anything comparable in usability that is cheaper, yet does not forgo quality?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

espressoaussie

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
I would recommend Astoria espresso machines or if you are after afull automatic espresso maker WMF is excellant. I have been working on Astorias for many years 29 years to be exact and many other brands and these are very reliable inside and out and are not that expensive.

If you would like more info or help feel free to Email me.

Thanks Andy

[email protected]

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
thewilliams1 said:
I just learned that Stumptown wont distribute to new cafe if they are not using a La Marzocco... that must say something about the quality.

Nope just says they are to arrogant to learn how to work with other espresso machine manufactures. Honestly I can't stand the La Marzocco from a technical aspect. The machine is a fricking nightmare and I don't think it's designers ever met one of their own technicians before. Then again I live in a high scale environment and La Marzocco's don't last long around here if they are abused much.

CCafe said:
Nope just says they are to arrogant to learn how to work with other espresso machine manufactures. Honestly I can't stand the La Marzocco from a technical aspect. The machine is a fricking nightmare and I don't think it's designers ever met one of their own technicians before. Then again I live in a high scale environment and La Marzocco's don't last long around here if they are abused much.

I hear ya.. I'll be roasting my own so I have no need to bend to anyones equipment demands haha..

Can anyone weight in on the La Pavoni line of espresso machines? They seem rather common on the web.. not sure if that is a good or a bad thing.

**edit ** .. really like this one ..
writeimg_zoom.asp

stefano65

Aug 15, 2004
Elmira OR
Visit site
Mostly of the commercial machine out there nowdays are all of good level
many name and models have their pro and cons
HOWEVER
my simple suggestion buy a machine that your local repair company knows how to work on and has pats in stock

Giovanni

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Best commercial espresso machine

If you are looking for something reliable I would definitely go with the Simonelli Aurelia. It is the best commercial espresso machine and was actually used in the world barista championship. Also, it doesn't cost too much as other commercial espresso machines do. Don't fall into the trap of paying too much for a machine that is mediocre, because there is a lot of them that are overpriced.

Last edited:

Coffeefix

Dec 17, 2014
United Kingdom
Visit site
Personally, I'd stay clear of fully automatic "Bean 2 Cup" machines. I have worked on a lot over the past 28 years - none are particularly reliable, cost more to service and do not make quality espresso consistantly. You also get more for your money with traditional machines in terms of output.
I have to agree with CCafe. Marzocco is the "name" of the moment but way over-priced, horrible to work on (I'm a service engineer) IMO not particularly great at anything in particular or reliable in my experience. Too many trendy Bariste talking crap about machines they don't understand.
There are better twin boiler machines that cost less IMO - Iberital Expression, technically excellent machines - Rancilio's Classe 9 or 11, reliable machines from Cimbali, Fiorenzato (sold a Fiorenzato lever group machine a while back, amazing shots of coffee and two years in a busy coffee shop with no faults), Faema (past innovators) etc etc
Get a machine from a local supplier who has an EXPERIENCED engineer - all machines will make poor coffee if not serviced and set up correctly and regularly.
Get a good machine at a fair price and spend more than you expected on a decent grinder (Compak F10 my current choice of top end grinders). Get a decent water filter/softener system too.

martuvigo

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I would recommend Astoria espresso machines or if you are after afull automatic espresso maker WMF is excellant. I have been working on Astorias for many years 29 years to be exact and many other brands and these are very reliable inside and out and are not that expensive.

If you would like more info or help feel free to Email me.

Thanks Andy

Hey guys,
I'm going to open a new Cafe, and I can't decide between the Astoria Sabrina and the Nuova Simonelli Aurelia II. I've been looking for some information about the Astoria but I couldn't find any.

Could you help me with the decision? Which Astoria model have you been working with? I've read Astoria's machines are very reliable, but regarding quality what would you say?
Thank you very much in advance, anyone's comment would be really appreciated !
Cheers

Last edited:

TheGreenJoe

Nov 8, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Visit site
Hey guys,
I'm going to open a new Cafe, and I can't decide between the Astoria Sabrina and the Nuova Simonelli Aurelia II. I've been looking for some information about the Astoria but I couldn't find any.

Could you help me with the decision? Which Astoria model have you been working with? I've read Astoria's machines are very reliable, but regarding quality what would you say?
Thank you very much in advance, anyone's comment would be really appreciated !
Cheers

I use an Astoira Divina 2 group semi. Here's the pros and cons:
1. Pros: Workhorse. Can pull shots, pull shots, pull shots. In fact, I pull so many shots from it, I named it after my tank in the Army, "Dirty Duece"!
No, but seriously, that think can pull shots.
2. Cons: Draws a lot of power. I'm mobile, so this is a concern for me. But I bought it with the thought of brick and mortar later on...so, its a problem now, but hopefully not one later :) It also takes 15 minutes to warm up.

I have a photo of it here:
Green Joe Coffee Truck, Albuquerque New Mexico
Hope it helps!!!