Best Dark Roast Coffees You Know Of

Bill Ahlman

Jul 7, 2003
Grapevine, Texas
Visit site
Hey everybody! I am a dark roast coffee drinker (VERY DARK!) Thus far, I have only found two really good dark roast coffees that I can honestly say I like a lot and do not become bitter with the dark roasting. One of them is Dark French Roast from Addison Coffee Roasters in Addison, Texas. The other is Country French, from Calistoga Coffee Company in Calistoga, California. I will, of course continue to buy these two as they are very good, and wonderful companies, too... BUT I like to try others.. ANY DARK ROAST FANS out there who have a FAVORITE?
THanks!
Bill Ahlman
[email protected]

kmarshal

Aug 3, 2003
Seattle, WA
Visit site
Good Dark Coffee

Hi Bill,

There is a micro-roaster in the Seattle area, Grounds for Change, that roasts organic, fair trade beans. They make a wonderfully smooth dark roast called Solstice Blend. You can order from them online at http://www.groundsforchange.com and they'll roast your order fresh for delivery. I have also tried their Espresso Blend on my home Krups espresso machine and it was dark without being bitter and had nice crema.

Enjoy!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
jeez....hey los-somethin.. i mean los72....do me a favor and los this forum!!! not a place for shameless spam!!!anyway back to the subject at hand...it all depends on what you are looking for in a coffee...its not just the roast but also the coffee that is either single or blended..damn can you tell that I am no longer jacked on coffee...only 6 more hours and I get to go back to work...back to the old grind...ok I am going now....need sleep

los72

Sep 16, 2003
austin
Visit site
Chilll

I think you guys need to chill out......all I'm doing is trying to tell people about some good coffee. If you need verification then why don't you just order some if you don't like it dog it all you want but until till then relax and have a cup of coffee.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Chill out?? I am sorry but I really do not like spam! First time you posted you said,
"tried it at a home and garden show here in austin.....very nice!! I don't know where you're posting from but it's shipped free in the Texas area.

At the shopping cart page just type the word AUSTIN to get free shipping. If you live outside of Austin you receive 25% off just type the word bigtex"

I'm sorry maybe I misunderstood...your web page is the same company...which makes me feel like you really didn't just "try" it at a garden show. I understand that you want to sell your product...I am a coffee roaster....I have not once tried to push sales here....I did send "samples" to tintinet....oh well....Im sorry it just seems the only thing you have contributed to this forum is free advertising..so to be honest I think you are the one who need to CHILL!! :evil:

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Profile Tip Offf

Whoops! I didn't notice the website listed in the profile before. :eek:

Yeah, it would be better if folks were upfront about their vested interests when promoting items for sale here. :roll:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
personally I think that we get enough spam nowadays...but if someone wants to push their coffee they should also contribute some other threads other than,"hey everyone look at me!"

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Independent Verification

Thanks to Coffeelover's support, a review of Fara Cafe 's Dark Roast is on the way! Albeit it'll be my amateur review, not a professional model.

I've ordered a pound of their dark roast, via their website (quite aesthetically pleasing, informative and functional, BTW). Got the "bigtex" 25% discount (thanks to los72!).

According to their website, "if for any reason you are not completely satisfied with our products, contact us within 72 hours of receiving them and we will happily replace your order or issue a full refund." Most impressive!

We'll see!

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
Fast shipping!

Not cheap, at ~$5.00, but 2 days out of Texas to Maine ain't bad service. And a full 16 oz. of beans for ~$7.00 is a decent deal, for good coffee (albeit, I've yet to brew any up to confirm- pending!)

Comes in an attractive, resealable zip-lock type bag along with very slick full color brochure. Great packaging and promotional lit.!

Now on to the brew.....