Best Drink Menu for a shop?

ParadigmShift15

Jan 25, 2005
Visit site
I'm looking at starting up my own shop, and I'm trying to decide on a menu that will be practical, effective, and comprehensive. Anyone who has favorites that should make the list, feel free to post. Also, a short explanation on how to make the drink would be helpful. Thanks!

ParadigmShift15

Jan 25, 2005
Visit site
Haha, yeah, it'd be good if someone would make them for me. Give me some free time. I can't find that thread you mentioned...mind pointing me to it? Thanks.

pstam

Jan 7, 2005
China
Visit site
ParadigmShift15 said:
Haha, yeah, it'd be good if someone would make them for me. Give me some free time. I can't find that thread you mentioned...mind pointing me to it? Thanks.

If you mention about the coffee drinks, I would provide you with our menu for it. It is from Kaffa Cafe, a brand name of our coffee business for China.

Classical Coffee

Daily's coffee, one of your drip coffee or a specified one
possible choices of other drip coffee

espresso, as standard
espresso double
espresso ristretto
hammerhead
Caffe Americano

Flavoured Coffee

Caffe Latte
Cappuccino
Caffe con Panne, or Melange
Coffee Mocha
Caffe Romano
and more for other choices

Iced Coffee

Kaffa Ice-coffee, special on by Kaffa Cafe (you can make your own)
Iced Caffe Latte
Iced Cappuccino
Iced Coffee Mocha
Kaffa Ice-mandarin Coffee
and more for other choices

Besides coffee, you can put anything more you want.

Sinister703

May 31, 2004
Windsor,Ontario
Visit site
All our shots are dbls, so its actually 4 shots in this drink (4oz espresso). Id watch it with the mochas in general, most people are getting them because the DONT want a strong coffee taste, they want the sweet/whippedcream/choco taste with a bit of coffee, in my experience, so easy on the espresso :lol:

pstam

Jan 7, 2005
China
Visit site
Sinister703 said:
All our shots are dbls, so its actually 4 shots in this drink (4oz espresso). Id watch it with the mochas in general, most people are getting them because the DONT want a strong coffee taste, they want the sweet/whippedcream/choco taste with a bit of coffee, in my experience, so easy on the espresso :lol:

God, you are killing your clients. Four shots make a killer. How can people drink that much of espresso?

A hammerhead is pulling a shot in a cup with drip coffee. They mix together and loose the better taste of espresso but keep the good and special taste of espresso. Easier to be accepted for the people who want something stronger but not be able to take espresso straightly. It is also called "Red Eye"; another one is the "Black Eye", which is pulling a double shot in a cup of drip coffee. Different.

VivaBarista

Apr 8, 2005
Visit site
ParadigmShift15,

By creating your own signature drinks you will be able to create a unique menu. Of course you want to offer the traditional espresso based beverages, brewed coffee, etc., but come up with 6 or so flavored lattes and mochas with your own names, maybe based on your area.

btw, we called ours a "Shot in the Dark" (brewed coffee with 1 or 2 shots of espresso) ;)

vb

pstam

Jan 7, 2005
China
Visit site
VivaBarista said:
ParadigmShift15,

By creating your own signature drinks you will be able to create a unique menu. Of course you want to offer the traditional espresso based beverages, brewed coffee, etc., but come up with 6 or so flavored lattes and mochas with your own names, maybe based on your area.

btw, we called ours a "Shot in the Dark" (brewed coffee with 1 or 2 shots of espresso) ;)

vb

That is rather good.