Best Espresso Deals

What's your favorite, Robust or Arabica?

• Robust

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arabica

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

johngalt

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
Where can I order espresso beans en masse for a club I have started? Called the "Espresso Club" at my high school, the club will center around discussing philosophy and current affairs over espresso. We have a decent amount of funds due to membership fees to spend on the beans, but so far I have not found a costco-esque supplier. If anyone knows a website where I can order enough espresso to last until July for around 20 avid drinkers (we meet once weekly), I would greatly appreciate a link to it.

Thanks! :D

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
you really do not want to order that much at one time...it will be stale by the time you are done. buy small amounts from a local roaster or from an online roaster :oops: That way you can be sure it is fresh.

johngalt

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
topher said:
you really do not want to order that much at one time...it will be stale by the time you are done. buy small amounts from a local roaster or from an online roaster :oops: That way you can be sure it is fresh.
Whoops! Sorry, I messed that one up royally. I meant I would like to buy from a vendor multiple times over that period - not in one lump sum. :oops: Sorry for the confusion.

What would you say is a good amount of beans for approximately 20 drinkers for an hour+ per week? Could I afford to purchase it biweekly if i kept the remainder sealed well? Sorry, I am a bit new to brewing my own espresso so I am getting the ropes of that at the same time. Last question, what is a decent price for an 8 oz bag of medium quality arabica? I have found a few vendors online, but am not quite sure their prices are reasonable.

Thanks for the help!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
if you use 7 grams per shot...one pound would come out around 64 shots per pound. That is in a perfect world...need to factor in spillage and what not. So I think a pound would be plenty for a group of 20. Did you guys buy an espresso machine? I don't want to rain on your parade but if you bought a home unit it is going to be a real bear to make drinks for 20 people in one sitting. Jut a thought. a good price for espresso? under $15....mine is under $12 :wink:

rcs1

Feb 10, 2005
Visit site
One of the best roasters in the business is in Los Angeles, Supreme Bean. You can order 2 lbs at time from www.wholelattelove.com, but it will be shipped from the roaster. It runs $22 shipped for two pounds. There are several different blends.

So the real question is how will you be preparing espresso for your 20 members?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
hey NW...how does one place an order online? I tried to find your shopping cart but couldn/'t find one....oh I did see your coffee listings...you say you have a 5 bean espresso blend...how many coffees do you carry in total? :wink: