Best machine for Latte''s?

Bogombo

My girlfriend''s birthday is coming up in 2 weeks and she loves lattes. She''s mentioned to me on numerous occasions how much she would love to make them at home. Any reccomendations on what machine I should get her? I realize there are no such things as \"latte machines\", so do I buy an espresso machine or a capachino machine?

I''m looking for something in the $100-$300 range.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Well to be honest, I think there's a misunderstanding regarding the "latte or cappuccino" thing for most people. Both are espresso based (as are many other drinks) and begin life as such. Any decent machine will be able to meet your steaming/frothing needs. The machines commonly available are espresso machines first and foremost, which means they produce pressure brewed coffee. IMO the steaming/frothing is just a side benefit to offer a few features in the same package.

I do agree with the SL70 to offer what you're looking for. If you can find one that is. I've been reading about somewhat of a shortage of them lately. Later!

Bogombo

Thanks for the responses elPug and shadow...

Turns out I decided to go with one of those "pod" machines, because they were well within my price range (lookin at the Kuerig one for $150 not inlcuding pods), and my girlfriend is always complaining about how crappy her coffee tastes...she has one of those run of the mill $30 coffee machines. I'll prob get her an espresso machine for Christmas or something, so I do appreciate the info. :)