Best of the commerical machines available

EspressoMachines

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Guys
I have started a new blog on buying an Espresso Machine.
I would love to get your feedback on the very best Espresso machine you consider or would like?

Thanks
Charlie

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
The layout looks nice but I found it difficult to read the text imposed over the ruled paper.

I'm hoping this is a layout of things to come because I didn't find any useful information pertaining to purchasing commercial equipment.

As for that Jura Capresso its about as far from a commercial machine as you can get. Its just a high end home machine.

Now if you bought a Jura X7 or X9 then you just paid for a commercial machine.

Most low end commercial machines start around $4000 (hence I said most you can pickup a few 110V 1 groups that are pourovers and manual control that run 2 grand.) and can run in to the mid $30K bracket for a High end machine.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Best:

LaMarzoccco GB5
Synesso Cyncra
Mistral Mirage
possibly the new Dalla Corte... not enough info yet.

There are many "good" to "very good" machines, the difference is quality of build, consistent espresso quality, ease of repair... if any is needed.

A HUGE factor is the skill of the barista. Lower quality machines will cover up some flaws, as you get better machines, your skills need to be on par or flaws will be highlighted as much as perfection. As many have said, the problem is often on the handle side of the portafilter.

ElPugDiablo

Mark at Whole Latte Love said:
John,

I agree and I have used the Dalla Corte and it is a great machine. I have been reading forums for a long time and always like your posts on all the forums.
Hi Mark, which Dalla Corte do you use? I am getting my 3 group in about a week. Would you guys be servicing them?

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Mark,

Thanks.

I know Dalla Corte has a great history, that is not very well known here in the States; however, I've heard nothing but goog reviews about their newest line.

Sep 3, 2008
Victor NY
Visit site
I got to do training with James at Dalla Corte in California for a start up company we are working with and we had a lot of fun dialing in the coffee. The machines are fun to use and the programming is amazing. Really takes the performance to a new level. We will be selling the commercial machines as well as of course the home machines. We will be working with James on the support side. We also used the grinder that doses and is connected to the machine via a port and will adjust based on shot timing. For this start up it will be a way to help in the consistency of the shots pulled.

Mark/JohnP if either of you are interested the SCAE has a tour of the Dalla Corte factory organised for later this month. Could be worth your while. A few days in Milan is pretty tough, granted! :wink:

Dear Member, further to my email below sent to you on 22nd July 2008 re a site visit to Dalla Corte in Milan on 25/26 September, there are still places available if you would like to take part in this interesting trip. We now also have a little more information on the programme schedule as set out immediately below. If you would like to join us please contact [email protected] as soon as possible and an invoice will be sent to you.

24 SEPTEMBER 2008

6 or 7 p.m. meeting at the Hotel ( the hotel will be confirmed as soon as I get info on the participants)

7/8 pm dinner

25 SEPTEMBER 2008

9 am Meeting at Dalla Corte Factory

Presentation of Dalla Corte

History of the coffee machines and new technologies

12.30 am lunch

2 pm tour down town - visit of bars culture tradition of the italian “ caffetterie”

7 /8 pm dinner

26 SEPTEMBER 2008

9 am coffee test – extraction

11 am DCII System presentation

12.30 pm greetings