Best on the planet?

cado

I know, I know, it sounds a bit like asking ''is there a God'', lol, but I am doing some research on coffee in general for a story I''m writing...

What is generally considered the best coffee in the world?

...just your opinion, really, and maybe some pointers on where to extract more secretive info re coffee...

if you can help, thanks!

cado

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Mine..haha...
Everyone will tell you that their favorite coffee is the best in the world. It all depends on what you like :wink: on that note I say we have a contest...demitri you want to judge a contest? We did one about 2 years ago on another forum and had a good time doing it. We sent our coffee to one judge and then each roaster sent their coffee to the other roasters. Whos up?
Topher

I followed a lot of the banter on the other forum a few years back. I woud say I am keen to be in. I now have the US connections so can get my blend into the competiton. I reckon judging should be done by one of the cafe owners on this forum- or several of them. It would then get the roasters AND the retailers some involvement in a competition! :grin:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Well lets get the ball rolling. First we need volunteers to judge. We probably only need 2 and Demetri. Then we need to know who is going to compete. I say we have the coffee entries in by March 31st. Any thoughts?

ElPugDiablo

topher said:
how about via this thread. I was thinking we could do 3 coffees. One single origin, one espresso and one roasters blend.
Do you have a specific single origin in mind or to each his/her own? One poster suggested Colombian, since I just got some killer Colombian in, I won't mind that, but let say if I submitted my Colombian, and Alun submitted his Sumatra, you your Guat, it would be a tough contest to judge.
equus007 said:
I think all the moderators would be down for judging.
We need judging criteria(sp?) as well.
topher said:
Judge??! I want to enter :twisted: Any volunteers for judging? We need them well before the March 31st
Maybe Andrew and Matt are up to it?

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I have been away for a couple of days...so who is going to judge and who is entering? We need to find the judges soon. Saw eldiablopug suggested Matt and Andrew. If they are game that would make 3 and that is perfect. Lets get this going! :grin:
Later
Topher