Best singlecup pod/own coffee machine where the coffee is 195 degrees?

anonemis

Nov 20, 2018
Visit site
I have had Keurigs but still have not found a single serve pod or own grinds machine where the coffee is perfect 195degrees which is ideal. I noticed its never hot enough or taste not as strong.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Honestly don't understand why people ask for the 'best of' when that's clearly a matter of opinion. I also can't agree with 195 degrees F being 'ideal' as that definitely depends on the coffee being used as in origin, roast level, grind fineness to a degree, etc. Truth be told those lower tier machines won't crank out very consistent higher temp water due to the design/barely decent internal components. I know many like them for the convenience, repeatability, minimal cleaning, but the end result speaks for itself.

anonemis

Nov 20, 2018
Visit site
Let me rephrase I noticed keurigs don't give a full flavored taste unlike a perculator a bit watered down. Also the coffee appears it doesn't stay as hot compared to pouring from a perculator. I love the pods and Keurigs to use own coffee. I am just looking for something to replace a perculator for 1 cup. Thanks

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
IMO.. the Clever is the best single-cup manual brewer... add filter / coffee / hot water from the kettle ... wait four minutes and place over your cup.

CupaGil

May 21, 2022
Southeast USA
Visit site
Honestly don't understand why people ask for the 'best of' when that's clearly a matter of opinion. I also can't agree with 195 degrees F being 'ideal' as that definitely depends on the coffee being used as in origin, roast level, grind fineness to a degree, etc. Truth be told those lower tier machines won't crank out very consistent higher temp water due to the design/barely decent internal components. I know many like them for the convenience, repeatability, minimal cleaning, but the end result speaks for itself.
The best coffee maker in the world won't make crap coffee anything other than crap coffee. To make these conversations educational, how about starting with the makeup of the coffee we are trying to brew?
CupaGil

anonemis

Nov 20, 2018
Visit site
A K Cup for example I feel the tastes isn't as great in a Keurig or strong even if strong setting. If I use Chock full of nuts coffee in Keurig its not the same then in a perculator.

CupaGil

May 21, 2022
Southeast USA
Visit site
A K Cup for example I feel the tastes isn't as great in a Keurig or strong even if strong setting. If I use Chock full of nuts coffee in Keurig its not the same then in a perculator.
To my point about the quality of the coffee, this is the comment by a professional taster for this coffee in a review: "Who Should Drink It: People who enjoy licking sugar off tires. (Sorry.)"
On further thought, to be constructive, the following link will take you to highly rated single-serve options: https://www.coffeereview.com/types/single-serve-capsule/
CupaGil

Last edited:

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
To my point about the quality of the coffee, this is the comment by a professional taster for this coffee in a review: "Who Should Drink It: People who enjoy licking sugar off tires. (Sorry.)"
On further thought, to be constructive, the following link will take you to highly rated single-serve options: https://www.coffeereview.com/types/single-serve-capsule/
CupaGil
Don't buy into the 'professional taster' B.S. as taste is highly subjective and one man's junk will be another's treasure. I've never read into any reviews for anything in life to be honest as when you ask 100 people you will get 1,000 varying opinions. That is a main reason I got into roasting (just for my own use) as I can source quality greens and roast to get the exact flavor/texture profile I like without having to rely on commercial 'standards', hype, etc.

CupaGil

May 21, 2022
Southeast USA
Visit site
Don't buy into the 'professional taster' B.S. as taste is highly subjective and one man's junk will be another's treasure. I've never read into any reviews for anything in life to be honest as when you ask 100 people you will get 1,000 varying opinions. That is a main reason I got into roasting (just for my own use) as I can source quality greens and roast to get the exact flavor/texture profile I like without having to rely on commercial 'standards', hype, etc.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I don't think that is much help to Mr. anonemis.

CupaGil

May 21, 2022
Southeast USA
Visit site
Joining forums to post clickbait garbage, usually for financial gain, doesn't benefit anyone either and gets old rather quick.
Hey Shadow:
I have no, none, zero financial interest in anything that I have recommended. Joining a forum to try to prove you know it all doesn't help anyone either. Suggest you advocate something that is potentially helpful vs playing the know it all critic role. Forum bad mouths got old a long time ago.
CupaGil

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Well that was fun. Let's all take a deep breath. Cupagil, I have to disagree with your statement that Shadow wasn't being helpful. I thought his statement was spot on. You can explain coffee to people but taste is subjective. That being said...back to the op. I also agree with Musicphan. I love my clever dripper!! Least expensive but wow...the cup is amazing. Buy your coffee at a local roaster or online and have it delivered to your home. Read their descriptions but only use it as a baseline. Taste as much coffee as you can. It is a fun journey.

CupaGil

May 21, 2022
Southeast USA
Visit site
Well that was fun. Let's all take a deep breath. Cupagil, I have to disagree with your statement that Shadow wasn't being helpful. I thought his statement was spot on. You can explain coffee to people but taste is subjective. That being said...back to the op. I also agree with Musicphan. I love my clever dripper!! Least expensive but wow...the cup is amazing. Buy your coffee at a local roaster or online and have it delivered to your home. Read their descriptions but only use it as a baseline. Taste as much coffee as you can. It is a fun journey.
As I said everyone is entitled to their opinion including you. The numerous people who cup coffee, as well as wine, believe that taste can be described and that it's useful. However again, let the people who are interested in comparing decide for themselves. The more different opinions and facts to support them the more opportunities to learn.
CupaGil

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
As I said everyone is entitled to their opinion including you. The numerous people who cup coffee, as well as wine, believe that taste can be described and that it's useful. However again, let the people who are interested in comparing decide for themselves. The more different opinions and facts to support them the more opportunities to learn.
CupaGil
Honestly there will always be those that think they have a unique sense of taste, smell, etc., but at the end of the day who cares? I don't buy into the cupping, etc. as that can clearly result in sensory overload. All that matters to me is what I crank out of my setup in my home that I find superb. Makes no difference how others would judge that as I feel the need to impress nobody.

Granted some in this world are lost and seek out guidance, then usually find the end result disappointing when what others recommend is a waste to them. Keep in mind that when someone is labeled an expert/professional it simply means they usually earn an income from it, never a guarantee that they excel at it.

PM me your address and I will send some fresh hand roasted coffee and a box of tissue!