Best thermal coffee maker for home use?

greenmtnroasted

Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
I am in the market for a thermal coffee maker for my home. I used to be a coffee fanatic but have mellowed somewhat over the years! I still appreciate a good cup, however. I am considering thermal as I am tired of breaking glass carafes and not being able to easily replace them, instead I have to purchase a whole new *%$# maker! :roll: (Guess what happened at my house last night.... :D )

I am seriously considering a Capresso TEC 10. I'm not that into the foaming feature, but why not?? Others that I have considered purchasing are Capresso Elegance 437, Zojirushi Fresh Brew thermal, and Krups Aroma Control thermal. Does anyone have any experience with these makers? I had an old glass Mr. Coffee forever and loved it, but am ready for something that will last a long time and will be worth the $$.

We have a Capresso in my office and I love it. I know that the Elegance has a glass liner inside, this gives me a bit of pause. I am attracted to the thermal features b/c I'm a slow drinker and would love the coffee to taste better longer.

Your experience and opinions are welcome! Thanks.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
You might consider looking at the Capresso MT500 (Model #440) it too is a thermal brewer. Plus I personally think it looks sturdier then the Capresso Elegance Therm (model #437). On top of that, the MT500 has a 1200 watt element vs. a 900 watt in the Elegance Therm. So the MT500 will heat faster and will have better recovery time. That an it is $30 cheaper then the CoffeeTEC.

greenmtnroasted

Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
After some intensive research, I ended up choosing a Zojirushi thermal EC-BD15 home coffee machine and have had it for about 6 weeks now. It is awesome! I am very happy with my choice. I found it at a great price on www.newegg.com and recommend their business. I have absolutely no complaints and am enjoying wonderful coffee every day!