Beware of Goldstarcoffee on Ebay

krivera1

May 9, 2006
El Paso, TX
Visit site
This seller on Ebay is advertising high-end beans (Kona, Jamaica, etc.) at reasonable pricing. I made the mistake of buying Kona beans from them. What I received is really crap - I doubt it is Kona to begin with, but the bean quality is terrible. The beans are small, lots of defects (broken beans or discolored beans), and taste very stale and old.

Amazing that so many others are drinking the Kool-aid. You look at the positive feedback for these guys - I doubt many of them know what a good quality bean is.

Anyways, you have been warned.

C

coffeeloverlisa

Have to say I disagree. Great company and we have been dealing for years. They are located here in Toronto and I have seen the green sacs/barrels where the beans come from I can tell you it is 100% genuine. George and Constantine, the owners, will go out of their way to make the best coffee and their customers happy.

Sorry you had a bed experience.

Cheers,

Lisa

Last edited:

magicvac

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I just bought 10 pounds direct from the factory, online (not from Ebay). First off, the bean quality was garbage, with varying colored beans and sizes. The aroma was immediately noted as a stale bad smell, and the taste is the worst I've ever encountered. I love Kona Coffee, but this is totally undrinkable. Funny thing is, I've purchased from them before, and been totally satisfied with the Coffee. This time we had a problem in that he didn't ship until I entered a dispute with Pay-Pal againsts them. He wouldn't answer my phone calls or emails for 14 days. When Pay-Pal got involved, he immediately emailed me that the coffee was on it's way. The next day I received 11 pounds of coffee. Too bad it isn't drinkable. When I received the coffee, I cancelled my Pay-Pal dispute, and can't enter into it again. I've been drinking Kona Coffee for years, and believe I know good from bad. He should have just answered my phone calls and told me he was out of the good stuff. I only order the extra fancy whole beans. One thing I noted with the shipment was that the beans were loose were not vacuum packed. They were the normal vacuum pack bags, but had not had the air removed.

Yes, beware of this company

magicvac

May 3, 2013
Visit site
You can check this out, the Gold Star Coffee company is the same as the Gold Star Coffee you'll find on the internet. I do believe them to be one and the same.

Reading2much

Oct 3, 2022
Nc
Visit site
GoldStar Coffee is fine quality , I have purchased from their website and from eBay for many years and it is the only one so far that I have received consistently great beans from.