Bialetti Mukka Express

semajrn

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone have positive, consistent results from a stovetop Bialetti Mukka Express, making cappuccinos? I have been relentlessly struggling, refusing to give up, with mine for about 3 months now. Sometimes I get fabulous results with a thick foamy layer of milk, and other times, repeating the procedure exactly, I get totally unsatisfactory results, with NO foam whatsoever!! I have contacted the company, who sent me a new pressure valve, but that was NOT the answer at all. I have come to the conclusion that the customer service knows nothing about solving this problem. They actually told me to just return the pot. I did, and am having the same problem with the 2nd pot!! It is not me.... I followed the instructions meticulously, using the proper ground, the exact measured amount of water and milk, the proper heating temperature, the right % of milk, ( I have even tried different %'s and brands ), I have cleaned every part of the pot after use with a brush and even a pin in the tiny steam holes, I have made certain that there is not one speck of coffee where it doesn't belong, and that the pot and gaskets are assembled correctly and securely ! I refuse to give up because I cannot believe that Bialetti could put such a costly product on the market that performs so pathetically... There has to be an answer to this dilemma.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Well to be honest I know NOTHING about stovetop devices. But can tell you that it's not uncommon to get mixed results when using milk just because all milk isn't equal. I have a problem here and there. Maybe a particular brand, age of the milk, etc. and it just doesn't froth right when steaming for cappuccinos. Would foam up nicely, hit the 130 degree or so mark and just flatten right out in huge bubbles. Not machine or my technique to blame either. Tried my backup machine with same results. Switched milk and perfection was achieved once again. Also had the same issues with half-n-half at work when steaming it.....

Now if you made several drinks at a time with the same milk and had this issue then that could very well be something altogether different. Later!

semajrn

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do have good results, and then with the SAME milk, I have failures!! I wish someone from the actual company could give me some positive answer to this enigma. After all it is their machine and their technology!