Blending sm amts of coffee for grinding

ron45

May 4, 2005
New Mexico
Visit site
Hi, does anyone know, is there a way to equate a given amount of beans [ in ounces maybe ] with enough ground coffee to make a double shot? I realize this can be only a general figure due to the needs of differing types of machines. I want to try some blending and would like to start with sm batches for obvious reasons.

Also, as I am new to the finer points of current espresso lingo, are all you guys `pulling shots' doing so on a manual machine like the Pavoni? Enquiring minds........

Thanks,

Ron

ron45

May 4, 2005
New Mexico
Visit site
Well, now you've piqued my curiosity....why do you think I'd have a gram scale because I'm in New Mexico? It happens I do, it is my wife's but her reason for having it [It also does ounces] is unlikely to be the same as your reason for us having it.

AND thank you for the info topher. Have I seen you in a few movies or is that another topher?

Ron

ron45

May 4, 2005
New Mexico
Visit site
No.... There is an actor named Topher Grace I've seen in two movies recently. So are you going to fess up about the scale? :^).

I did however, live with a lady that made some of those grainey movies in the seventys. She also played the female lead [her charactor's name was Dale Ardent] in the movie called Flesh Gordon. Don't know if it made to your part of the world and I never saw it either as I'd already `seen' as much of Cindy [her real name] as anyone could hope to and she wasn't even my lady but our keyboard players oldlady. Our whole band lived together at the beach in Malibu in the late sixtys- seventys. Rock and Roll at it's best [ the life, not necessarily our music] They eventually got married. Her father was a preacher [what else?] and did the ceremony. True story.

`Had a really smooth [ not bitter ] espresso in Silver City NM yesterday. It was a blend out of Seattle. Hope I can find something like that more locally. What is the thinking when combining coffees for expresso. How is compatability determined. There must be several volumes of data somewhere listing various blend formulas and individual coffee qualities. I don't have the time or the money to reinvent the wheel where espresso blends are concerned.

Ron