Blind taste tests with the Marzocco Swift

soleil

May 28, 2007
Seattle
Visit site
Has anyone ever done a side-by-side taste test with the Swift?
All things being equal (espresso machine, barista), I wonder if there have been any taste tests comparing the dosing and tamping of an expert barista to the Swift.
I know that most expert baristas and connoiseurs will tell you that there is no contest-- an expert barista will beat the Swift any day.
But, I'd like to know what would happen if we did a blind taste test with several average Joes as well as connoiseurs.

Does anyone know if any tests have been done with more than just a couple of people?

Soleil

ElPugDiablo

soleil said:
Has anyone ever done a side-by-side taste test with the Swift?
All things being equal (espresso machine, barista), I wonder if there have been any taste tests comparing the dosing and tamping of an expert barista to the Swift.
I know that most expert baristas and connoiseurs will tell you that there is no contest-- an expert barista will beat the Swift any day.
But, I'd like to know what would happen if we did a blind taste test with several average Joes as well as connoiseurs.

Does anyone know if any tests have been done with more than just a couple of people?

Soleil
I am not sure I agree with that sentiment. I believe Swift will distribute and tamp better than most baristi out there. If a Swift operator pays attention to grind adjustment I think the espresso shot will be right up there.