Boca Java?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarafinc

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
Is Boca Java really that great everyone seems to love them, I haven't tried them and was wondering is it really that good? I went to their website and it looks great, and the prices seem a little pricey, but not bad. I personally am selling gourmet coffee and know that you can't put a price on Great tasting coffee, but was just wondering. That way maybe I can make my coffee a little bit better, so far we have learned to micro roast, we now only roast to order and have a variety of coffees and all of our coffee is definitely 100% Arabica, but whatever we can do to make it better we are willing to try it...

please let me know and check out my site...

ElPugDiablo

Jarafinc said:
Is Boca Java really that great everyone seems to love them, I haven't tried them and was wondering is it really that good? I went to their website and it looks great, and the prices seem a little pricey. I personally am selling gourmet coffee and know that you can't put a price on Great tasting coffee, but was just wondering.
If you haven't tried their coffee then how do you know they are pricey? If you KNOW you can't put a price on great tasting coffee then what were you wondering? You are not making any sense.
Jarafinc said:
That way maybe I can make my coffee a little bit better, so far we have learned to micro roast, we now only roast to order and have a variety of coffees and all of our coffee is definitely 100% Arabica, but whatever we can do to make it better we are willing to try it...
No offense, 100% Arabica means jack, and many many roasters roast to order. If you don't mind my two cents, whatever business you are in, you should know what you are facing, asking what other people think in an online forum about another company's coffee without tasting them yourself is futile. You need to let your nose and your mouth be your judge. If it taste good to you then that is how you should roast. If it taste good to your customers then you are in good shape, if it taste good ONLY to you but no one else, well you are in the wrong business. You want to make your coffee a bit better? Without knowing where you are at, a bit better may not be enough. But the route to improvement is easy, taste as many coffees that are out there, cup your greens blind, buy the best you can afford, experiment with your roast. Do this repeatedly and you will be better today than yesterday, and hopefully you will be better tomorrow.
Jarafinc said:
please let me know and check out my site...[/quote]Since you ask...your site i...oyed by Boca Java with your current web site.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "ElPugDiablo"

Thank you so much for posting that message! When I read it, I said out loud, "I love you, Pug!" (don't tell your wife, though)

Since I am still steaming about my friend's misadvenutres with his coffee order from "Jarafinc's" web site, when I read Jarafinc's comment about Boca Java, my blood pressure went up another notch! That guy has some nerve picking on Boca Java, and I'm glad you called him on it.

I can't tell you how ticked off I was when my friend told me that his order of coffee from Good Scents Gourmet Coffee, that was supposed to be whole beans, turned out to be ground coffee when it was finally delivered (after 3 weeks of waiting).

In addition to your comments about Jarafinc's CoffeeBeans4U web site, I have to add that it is very misleading because it truly leads a person to believe that he is ordering whole roasted beans.

I did a "test" order and saw for myself. On the page where you add an item to the cart, it doesn't give you any option or drop-down box to select whole beans or ground. The web site leads the average person to believe it's whole beans.

Then, when I looked at the order in the cart, I saw these words and a list of things to do.

Review your order below of Coffee Beans
To change the quantity of coffee beans enter a new number in the Qty. box and click Update.

Notice the words COFFEE BEANS?

I wonder how many other people got a disappointing surprise when their coffee order arrived as ground instead of whole roasted beans.

I could kick myself for sending my friend the link to Jarafinc's web site before I had a chance to check it out!

Rose

Jarafinc

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
Pug,
I appreciate your comments, but not all companies as you should know roast 100% arabica beans, they roast a lot of times Robusta beans also I may not have tried their coffee but I know such as starbucks what is expensive and what is not, and also I will endeavor to make my website better as far the other comment by Rose is concerned I already resolved this issue and she just seems to me being petty and childish, it is not like it seems, her claims are false as far as your comments are concerned they are harsh but excepted and I will endeavor to make my site better
thank you

Also what type of origin you use for flavored coffee really does affect the flavor, my company currently uses 100% Columbian roast, also I know that most companies use arabica beans in their flavored coffee this makes a tremendous difference,

I believe that roasting fresh is essential because alot of companies such as gevalia roast and then vacuum seal especially when distributing to stores such as walmart, or grocery stores, in this sense we ship ground roast because we ship fresh and not only that we don't vaccuum, but do ship whole bean as well....

I really believe that this is what makes coffee essentially gourmet!!!

I believe that customers know what makes good coffee and what doesn't alot of times people go by what others say, but I believe that you must try it for yourself, not only that I believe that price places a vital role in coffee, not to cheap, and not to expensive....

Please let me know what mistakes you see that way I can correct them
in all of this I am just trying to make my company better not bring down any other company and if you enjoy Boca Java that is great, but like you said you have to try coffee to like it...

thanks

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Consumers who know their coffee, order whole bean coffee for a reason and it's not a "petty" concern, by any means.

Also, to call out a company who's master roaster is a moderator on this forum and a long time contributor of information to this site, in my opinion, is "childish".

I've never seen anyone step on so many toes as you have in just a short time. You're new here, so keep searching the forums for answers to your questions and read what thousands of others have already written here.

Good luck to you.

ElPugDiablo

If you think 100% Arabica = quality and Robusta = bad, you have a lot to learn. For your information some Arabicas are down right awful, and a few well cared Robustas are pretty darn good for specific purpose.

What made you think vacuum pack = poor quality? Oxygen is one of coffee's worst enemies, vacuum packed is one solution to prolong shelf life. The prevailing accepted optimal packing solution is packing coffee in one way valve bag with a inert gas, which can be vacuumed and nitrogen flushed.

I don't do flavored coffee, so I won't know if there is a preferred growing country. And by the way it is Colombian not Columbian. Oh, do you know where in Colombia is your Colombian from? What farm or co-op? What is the growing altitude? What are the cultivar(s)? Is it current crop? Main Crop or fly crop? Most importantly what is the flavor profile that made it your chose it to flavoring it with flavor agents? I could be wrong, and I apologize if I am prejudging you, but I am thinking you have no idea what I am asking never mind have answers to them.

You need to invest a lot more time, energy and effort not to mention money doing the research yourself, and I don't mean asking "what is your favor gourmet coffee?" type of silly questions in forums. If you think I am being harsh I am not. Posting is thread in other coffee related forums you might have gotten much much nastier replies if not out right banning you. You are suppose to be a professional, yet you are asking newbie questions, this one in particular can be construed as attacking another roaster....alright enough ranting, I will give you a few sites to start you off.

scaa.org
coffeereview.com
coffeeresearch.org
roastmagazine.com
sweetmarias.com

Jarafinc

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
Coffee is always dependent upon the environment and growing habits of course, but it is well known that Robusta beans are bigger and cheaper with less quality in robustness and aroma, I think that what you wrote is not entirely correct, because yes oxygen and nitrogen are bad but vaccuum sealing coffee has been more than proven to suck the flavor out of the coffee, its been around since the 60's and only large bulk roasters vacuum their coffee for obvious reasons, this is what makes gourmet and specialty roasters different, you don't want to substitute quality for bulk or freshness, the best solution is always to roast fresh to order and ground your own coffee, this is obvious or so i thought, and so you can criticize my spelling error that is cute, and absolutely I know where my coffee is from I'm not that stupid, and thanks for the sites I will check them out, I am always open to research and development, but your spelling is pretty bad as well, we flavor with our own researchers who use flavoring oils within the roasting process, we only roast small batches and fresh to order so we don't vacuum seal or use artificial chemicals to flavor, and yes Columbian is the best for flavored coffee and not Arabica!!!

My roastery is definitely not new, we probably have been around longer then you have been alive. You can check out vacuum sealing coffee by googling it, you will surprisingly find out how much it really does ruin the coffee especially if you are marketing "Gourmet Coffee"

Some of many articles that prove you to be incorrect and way off base, I think that your comments were hurting people more then helping them.. thanks anyways. Please do your research if you want to play hard ball, then we can play bring it on!!!!

About arabic vs robusta
http://www.ineedcoffee.com/02/arabica/
http://kaffee.netfirms.com/Coffee/robustavsarabica.html

you check these sites out it seems to me that you are definitely a newbie as far as coffee is concerned
if you are going make such comments do your research first thanks

about vaccuum sealing
http://www.peacecoffee.com/pcfg/drcoffee.html

This guy Pug has no idea what he is talking about 8)

Jarafinc

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
please nobody listen pug he or she has no idea what he or she is talking about please check out those sites, they will explain about newbies and marketing tactics for "gourmet Coffee" :(

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
What is going on in here?
This used to be such a nice place to visit.
Now, there's angry roasters, angry pugs, angry roses, angry mods, and angry ipod spammers everywhere.

Jarafinc

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
yea really I just wanted to maybe advertise my site and get friendly advice and all of these angry folks started rebuking and tried to ruin my reputation, its crazy all I want to do is find a forum where the folks love coffee and are willing to give friendly advice and accept it as well..

You know what I mean :)

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hey James "Jarafinc"

It may be a good idea for you redirect your energy into fixing your web site instead of confronting our forum members. I looked at it to see the improvements that you said you made yesterday, and it seems that now a person can't order coffee at all. I was hoping to see a new feature where you could order whole bean or ground coffee, but instead you can't order anything.

You may want to take a look at it.

Rose

Jarafinc

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
the ground options are up and running and the site seems to be working fine

can you please try it again
it seems fine to me
You can choose regular ground espresso ground and whole bean
if you have any questions let me know

but It is working just fine!!!

but thanks anyways

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Jarafinc,

I tried it this morning, and it now has a box where you can select whole bean, espresso, or ground coffee, and the selection transfers to the order page. It's good to see that you're making some progress.

By the way, "Pug" is far from being a "newbie" to the world of coffee. He is an extremely experienced and well-respected long-time forum member. It may be in your best interest to re-visit his posting on this thread and seriously explore the web sites that he suggested.

Rose

Jarafinc

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure about his experience with this forum, but the knowledge that he gave out was very much so incorrect and it just sounded like he had no idea what he was saying especially in the realm of gourmet coffee... there are a lot of even roasteries who are lacking in this department and seem like they know a lot, but if you do your research and check out those links i recommened you will find out the truth about freshness, flavoring, what exactly gourmet is origins, and much much more...

so I may be new on the internet but my company and especially my knowledge of coffee is definitely not new and I endeavor to relay that to others.... and also I was wondering if you read those links and what he said about coffee and compared the knowledge and also if you need more links I will gladly send you some from credible organizations who have been around for well over 50 years and who are experts in the realm of coffee and who have been around the world and back to get their information...

Jarafinc

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
I explored the sites that he suggested and am grateful for the information, but they are exactly what I said, specialty or gourmet coffee is unique fresh flavored coffee that is best served fresh and not vacuumed, the origin, flavoring process and how the company roasts the coffee really does effect the coffees uniqueness and quality. I will as always endeavor to apply this knowledge to my company and make my coffee better, but we will never vacuum seal it and all of our coffee unless blended is 100% exactly what we say it is, and that is including the columbian roast. This really is valuable to me thank you for the information and I hope everyone loves and enjoys their coffee, because in the end isn't that what it's all... the coffee, and here at Good Scents Gourmet Coffee we have a saying it may not be original but it still is true...."The Proof is in the Cup!!!"

James

Status
Not open for further replies.