CoffeeTec.Com

Bought my first Espresso machine, coffee grinder and accessories, I’m a newbie

Kacordy

Aug 1, 2022
California
I decided to dive head first into the espresso world for a new hobby In retirement. My only background in making coffee is with a Keurig. I was very fortunate to discover and make contact with the great folks over at Whole Latte Love.
I decided on the ECM Synchronika with flow control, a Ceado E37S, a Acaia Lunar 2021 scale, and all the ECM accessories. I ordered everything. Now the big journey begins. I’m thankful I discovered this forum. I bet it’s going to be a great resource to learn from others the art of making great coffee. Thanks, Allen

OP
K

Kacordy

Aug 1, 2022
California
Welcome... don't skimp now... buy freshly roasted speciality coffee for that nice espresso setup :)
I’ve just started my research. I did not realize this industry is so large. I’m still trying to dial in a 18g shot in 27-30 seconds and a 30-33 finished shot. I think my challenge is learning the spur gear on the E37S. I tried 1.5 and 2 on my first attempts last weekend. I started a notebook to track my results. I will study the forums daily. Can you direct me to a couple of your favorite online stores and recommended beans? Thank you for the help and advice. Allen

CoffeeTec.Com