Brand new to coffee and I have questions

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
So...what were the major differences in taste? What could you pick out of the coffee with the pour over that you couldn't with the conventional pot? I guess I'm asking what makes pour over better?
No difference in taste. The goose neck just allows more accurate pouring. I use a Hario Air, under $15 bucks and every bit as accurate a pour as the goose neck.

JeffD

Jan 27, 2022
Upstate New York
Visit site
I love my Keurig. I discovered that if you limit the water to 6 oz. per K-cup, and buy good coffee, you will get something that tastes real good.

For the reusable K-cups, if you grind relatively fine, and again no more than 6 oz of water, the coffee can be great.

A lot of folks hate the pods, but with a little care they can be great. And real convenient. I can have a K-cup brewed and ready while still waiting for 60 grams of beans to grind. I often do, actually.

Culturalist Press

May 14, 2022
Washington
Visit site
I think if you like the ease of Keurig and the general flavor profile of sweeter/cream, I would go with light or medium roasts. They have high caffeine and taste great. I would also recommend pour over for ease of cleaning

Latest posts