Brazilian entrepreneur seeking tips degrees of roasting.

José Augusto

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Good morning,
My name is José Augusto, I speak of my family by the company that produces and roasting coffee for over 48 years, and we are entering the e-commerce, to market our products, and you would like to know what degree of roasting coffee gourmet espresso that is used in the USA. Here in Brazil we use the roasting clear (soft) for the espresso beans and roasting average (means) for the roasted and ground coffee, if someone can help me I will be grateful. I have a special coffee for the consumer of the USA. In addition to e-commerce also looking for a U.S. company interested to represent my espresso gourmet coffee in the USA.
Thanks
Andrade, José Augusto
e-mail contact: [email protected]

Note: Sorry about the format of the text, I am learning English.

Ellie

Dec 27, 2004
GA
Visit site
José,

I am a little unclear about your description of "roasting clear" and "roasting average". If I am understanding you right, you want to expand your market into the US e-commerce market. If so, my suggestion is that you offer the beans roasted however you normally roast them, since I'm sure that, after 48 years, your family has undeniably developed the best roasting profiles for your beans :)

My experience as a roaster has been that, just as people are different from one another, their taste in coffee and espresso differs as well. Why don't you promote your beans as grown and roasted in Brazil by your family for 48 years? Not many coffee roasters can say that.

Good luck with your online sales!

Ellen

jimmyt1988

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
"My experience as a roaster has been that, just as people are different from one another, their taste in coffee and espresso differs as well. Why don't you promote your beans as grown and roasted in Brazil by your family for 48 years? Not many coffee roasters can say that."

That is so true.

A story about a bean really affects its taste aswell. I think taste is monitored heavily by psyhcological input.

And such a story "48 years of a Brazillian family" is just so charming and would complement your product as a great sale point.

My opinion is unproffesional yet my passion for coffee gives me a reason to think this and a reason to comment.

Hope it all goes well.. Hey, could you send a pack over to UK so I can try your coffee. It sounds fantastic!