BREWING COFFEE

3harmonicas

Oct 18, 2007
Visit site
we love good coffee-
we know for the best cup, you must use the best water possible. And what that means is not using a machine where water compartments build up minerals and the heating process leaving moisture to breed algae in UNSEEN places inside the maker. (even after cleaning solvents are used)
This is why we believe in using devices like the press, where it is broken down, cleaned, and dried after each use.
Fresh Coffee + fresh water+clean cup ---

cindy

Feb 8, 2005
South Africa
Visit site
i enjoy a good press but personally, id much rather have espresso...and lucky for people like me, most baristas take their coffee and their machines very seriously...now im not saying there are no such thing as algae or chemical depositries in machines, but ive found that when looking at the outside of the machine (steam wonds, portafillars etc) and also the person operating it, you can be sure that he/she puts alot of effort into sanitising the machine on a regular basis.

so dont worry...plunger is good...and if you know what to look for, espresso might even be better.

3ternal

Mar 22, 2007
Seattle, WA
Visit site
Different occasions/mood call for different types of coffee. If I'm upbeat I do lighter coffee's with milk and maybe a little sugar, if I'm stressed or feeling down I'll do straight esspresso shots...

You could argue that turkish coffee is even more rich with less maintenance required to keep it in good shape, but is it the most practical?