Bucaramanga blend?

DylanAsdale

May 16, 2009
Visit site
Call me crazy, but the best coffee I have ever tasted was not made by my 89-year-old grandma (which is saying something, because she has made quite a lot of coffee in her day and she knows how to make it taste good).

It was in a 20-oz. styrofoam cup at the local GasAmerica.

It's labeled "Bucaramanga blend".

After a bit of research, i discovered that apparently Bucaramanga is a type of Columbian supremo. I read a website that called it a "deep, earthy coffee", which is my style. I can't stand fruity-like, sour coffee. I like my coffee to be deeply nutty, rich, and rustic.

My question is, has anyone ever tried this coffee, and do you know where I could find some good-quality Bucaramanga for cheap?

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
This looks like a good website to check out:
http://www.javaberry.com/?action=viewIt ... 5b32262017

How they describe their Bucaramanga coffee:
Colombian Organic Bucaramanga

A distinguished coffee with a sweet aroma, rich flavor and with balanced acidity. A heavy bodied coffee that exhibits hints of chocolate and fruit. Our single estate Columbian has been rated as one the best coffees to come out of the country. If you are looking to try one of the finest coffees Columbia has to offer, look no further than our Organic Bucaramanga.

Apparently, they are in Arizona and sell high end coffees, averaging over $30 per pound. Even their flavored coffees sell for $32.99 per pound. Cheap? Not.

ElPugDiablo

Bucaramanga is a region in Colombia. The region produces excellent as well as very average coffees. In another word, not all Bucaramangas are alike. Supremo in Colombian coffee grading scheme indicates large size coffee beans, it does not denote quality. A smaller bean size Colombian such as excelso can be better than some supremos.

Just like wine producing places such as California, it is a region in the US, it produces some of the best wines in the world, it also produces Chateau Le Swill. California produces wine from varietals such as cabernet sauvignon, merlot, pinot noir....Colombian from Bucaramanga can be from varietals such as bourbon, typica, caturra, Colombia.....Also the labelling of Bucaramanga blend can mean 1) 100% of beans are from Bucaramanga, but of different varitals or 2) a percentage of beans are from Bucaramanga and the rest can be from anywhere, they don't even have to be from Colombia.

By the way anyone has any idea what percentage of Kona must be in a Kona blend? Is there a legal requirement?

ElPugDiablo

caffe biscotto said:
This looks like a good website to check out:
http://www.javaberry.com/?action=viewIt ... 5b32262017

How they describe their Bucaramanga coffee:
Colombian Organic Bucaramanga

A distinguished coffee with a sweet aroma, rich flavor and with balanced acidity. A heavy bodied coffee that exhibits hints of chocolate and fruit. Our single estate Columbian has been rated as one the best coffees to come out of the country. If you are looking to try one of the finest coffees Columbia has to offer, look no further than our Organic Bucaramanga.

Apparently, they are in Arizona and sell high end coffees, averaging over $30 per pound. Even their flavored coffees sell for $32.99 per pound. Cheap? Not.
At those prices you'd think they can do a bit of spell check.

Jan 18, 2008
MASS.
Visit site
Hi Rock, welcome to the forum. You could have introduced yourself in the Introductions section of the forum. Since you posted as a reply to a topic, it can't be moved by mods. It's not too late though, there's plenty of room in Introductions! :D

wmark

Nov 12, 2008
Canada
Visit site
Some other nice info about Bucaramanga.

I think it was 2 years ago, Bucaramanaga or more accurately, the countryside around Bucaramanga was #1 in landmine deaths according to the UN. Most of the victims were farmers ploughing their fields

DylanAsdale

May 16, 2009
Visit site
wmark said:
Some other nice info about Bucaramanga.

I think it was 2 years ago, Bucaramanaga or more accurately, the countryside around Bucaramanga was #1 in landmine deaths according to the UN. Most of the victims were farmers ploughing their fields
How... irrelevant.