Budget Light Commercial Machines

Jamochajava

Dec 22, 2016
West Texas
Visit site
We are a small company that sells online and the occasional event, fair or pop up store. We are in the process of purchasing a vending trailer and becoming more active in the channel. This will force us to make drinks instead of just selling roasted coffees and our own mochas. I was working as a Barista before the term was applied in the US and was in Seattle for the espresso craze in the early 90's. I haven't really made a latte since that time as I prefer just black regular coffee. We realize that to be profitable in the vending business, we will need to make drinks. We have a somewhat limited budget and every dollar spent on the machine takes a dollar from equally important features of the trailer and other gear.
I would expect to make about 100 drinks per day 2 or 3 days a week. I have been looking at the Breville BES940XL as I can get it re manufactured for around $900 and I currently have a Breville Grinder and coffee machine that has lasted me years and I really like it. My concern is that it's probably a "consumer" machine and I worry about it keeping up with demand.
We also have power limitations as many of the events we will have to run off of a 7000 watt generator. I would like to keep it 110v if possible.

Can someone make a recommendation for a light commercial semi-auto machine (110v) that can be had sub $1500? (no laughter please)

Thanks!

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Unfortunatley your not going to find a good machine at $1500. For that type of volume your going to need a dual boiler machine to keep up with demand for your steamed products. At a minimum maybe a Rocket 58... but I think that may even being pushing its boundaries. It depends on how fast those 100 drinks are ordered.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Musicphan is right. $1500 is about the lowest price point I recommend for home use, so... Your best bet is to find a used, well-cared for machine (and grinder). The Breville is a nice home machine, but that's it. It doesn't have the quality of components to stand up to that many drinks. And I certainly wouldn't use the Breville grinder for that kind of thing either. A 110 machine really can't handle that kind of duty. You need something you can plumb (with a Flojet or similar .... like they do for all the trade shows and competitions). And since most people get milk drinks, the recovery time on a 110 is just too long and the boiler on a 1 group too small.

New, nothing less than about $3,300. Better bang for your buck to get a good used one for a bit more. I would get a 2 group, find a LM Linea for 3,500-5K and go from there. That's budget for something in that kind of setting. Otherwise there will be a lot of gnashing of teeth and "I wish we would have..." moments. Having a machine with a known reputation of quality of build and longevity is well worth it. It's a business purchase, not one for home use... don't confuse the two.

sadi9457ds

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
Here is a list of the top commercial espresso machines. This will help to alleviate the confusion of what to buy in a commercial espresso machine. First, you need a commercial espresso machine that it’s a double boiler system. On to heat the water at 212 F for steam and the other to heat water at 200 F for the steam wand. For the commercial espresso machine needs a PID to keep the temperature the same. Then, it needs to have quality and the ability to meet the demands of commercial use. After reading these commercial espresso machine you will be able to choose the best espresso machine for your company's needs. Thanks or more details please click here.

abishek28592

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
Yeah in your 1500$ budget you defenitely can buy a Commercial Espresso Machines
[h=3]Pasquini Livia 90 Semiautomatic Commercial Espresso/Cappuccino Machine { This cofee machine is under your budget }[/h]
[FONT=&quot]This commercial espresso machine can brew and steam at the same time.
Its a 1.5 liter dual heat exchange boiler.
It has a 15 BAR pump to provide the maximum pressure for the best pouring out each time.

Advantages?
Cleanup is easy with this machine because it has a 3-way solenoid valve.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Easy to lift and move since it is only 36 pounds. If you need something that can be easily moved, this machine is for you.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Dimensions?
Its weighs 36 pounds and stands 12 inches by 11.5 inches by 15 inches. Easy to lift and move since it is only 36 pounds.

If you need something that can be easily moved, this machine is for you. [/FONT]
Commercial Espresso Machines is the best for your 1500$