Build from scratch coffee trailer

love_coffee

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

it it took a while to join the forum but now I'm here and I have lots to figure out reading the threads.
Now I want to build a compact coffee trailer that I can hookup to the car and tow around to locations, fairs,markets here in France.
First from the drawing board I'm trying to compile a list of equipment that I will need. I know some stuff and I would appreciate your help and suggestions. List goes: coffee machine (2 group heads running on 220v), generator, water tank, grinder, waste tank, cash register, water boiler (potential huge amount of tea?)
Im sure I forgot a lot of it, so I'm open to suggestions and comments and ideas for build.
I know it's quite general but got to start somewhere. :)

thanks

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi all,

it it took a while to join the forum but now I'm here and I have lots to figure out reading the threads.
Now I want to build a compact coffee trailer that I can hookup to the car and tow around to locations, fairs,markets here in France.
First from the drawing board I'm trying to compile a list of equipment that I will need. I know some stuff and I would appreciate your help and suggestions. List goes: coffee machine (2 group heads running on 220v), generator, water tank, grinder, waste tank, cash register, water boiler (potential huge amount of tea?)
Im sure I forgot a lot of it, so I'm open to suggestions and comments and ideas for build.
I know it's quite general but got to start somewhere. :)

thanks

Hello "love_coffee"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums.

I recall that we have had several threads in the past where people discuss building a coffee trailer. We have also had people posting their coffee trailers for sale, and they list all of the equipment that's in them.

When you have some time to explore, feel free to use the search feature that's at the top right corner of your screen and search for coffee trailers (or build coffee trailer) and read through the topics there. While you are waiting for a response from our members, you may find some answers to your questions, and some helpful ideas, by searching the topic areas.

Rose

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi love_coffee, check out this link to this thread. TheGreenJoe is a member from Albuquerque, NM, and he has documented his own build, and willing to answer any questions you may have. Best of luck!

Cheers,

Peaberry

TheGreenJoe

Nov 8, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Visit site
Hey Love Coffee! It's been one hell of a journey and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

A few things I would change if I could do it again: I would ensure the table in my trailer could be wheeled out of the trailer so I could do indoor catering as well. It would have given me a more versatile approach. If possible, I would have relied more on 12v with lighting, my POS system. This would also give you a chance to go solar.

Festivals here can get hectic. You'll need another person to take orders, so think about that during build out. I wish I had two windows.

Also, I wish I would have used my vertical space better.

My blog has tons of info. Email me or hit me here if you have any other questions!