Built-in coffee maker

Yogatown

Jan 16, 2005
Visit site
Did a search and could not find any info on this...
We could use some advice please:
We are looking for a built in coffee/espresso maker that actually produces good tasting coffee. We are short on counter space so the built in is a must. We sampled a few different cups from a Miele coffee maker and found them bitter and watery. I found a less expensive built in called Zanussi on the net but know nothing about it. Does anyone know if it produces good coffee? How about any other built-in models that you can suggest?
Thanks very much

MattK

Nov 25, 2004
Visit site
What

coffee and water were being used with the Miele? Was the grind and dose adjusted?

I understand the Miele uses the same Saeco super-auto internals that most of the <$1500 Saeco's do. As an owner of a Saeco Superauto I can assure you they can make excellent espresso with good beans, good water and the right grind/dose but they really need to be 'tuned in' for each bean.

The nice thing about my machine, which I assume the Miele shares is that you can adjust the pre-programmed water dosage as well - so my machine is set to make ristretto's with the 'small' option which yields a far richer, stronger cup.

For what it's worth I've had great success with Lavazza Super Crema, Dose on MAX, Grind on 4 and pulling a .8oz shot.

/Matt

fiagt2

Jan 12, 2005
Visit site
The Jura S7 has-
Two Thermal Blocks 1350w each
Water Capacity: 96oz
Coffee grind amount: 17 steps
Tepmerature settings: 2
Cup Settins size: 1 to 16oz infinitely programmable
Programmable Frother
Froth after Brew: Immediate
Instant Brewing after frothing
Programmable hot water
Hot water dispatch: Seperate spout
Water filter: yes, automatic monitor claris

aliciaf

Jan 24, 2005
California
Visit site
Hi

I'm new here, but just wanted to comment. Our friends have the built in Miele espresso machine with the milk frother, etc. It makes wonderful espresso, as far as I'm concerned. They buy their beans from a small roaster in Kauai, and the coffee is also excellent. I would love to get one of these since we are planning a kitchen remodel, but they do run $1700 to $2000.

I haven't seen any other built in home models.

fiagt2

Jan 12, 2005
Visit site
We have had our Jura S7 for a week. We love it and learn more every day. I like strong black coffee(Peete's) and my wife likes it with splenda and milk. We also Like some of the Starbucks seasonal drinks and their Mocha Valencia. Starbucks coffee drinks vary from good to almost undrinkable. Our Jura S7 has been fantastic and the coffee better than most Coffee shops and equal to the best. Our Mocha Valencia's are better than 95% of them from Starbucks. And we are just learning. Learned very fast that you are better to use less flavoring than more.

fiagt2

Jan 12, 2005
Visit site
Super Automatics are great. Have had the Jura S7 for several weeks and love the end produce. I was planning on a second Jura for my office but tasted espresso from a Miele built-in(at an appliance store) and it was also great. Beans were provided from Miele? So I will likely get the Miele just to have a long term comparison between 2 machines. Miele has a new model CVA 2650/2660 that uses a capsule system. Anyone know if only capsules can be used or if it takes both conventional beans and beans in capsules?