business delivery

Joshudavid

Mar 16, 2007
Visit site
So I'm going to start delivering from my drive thru to local businesses. Does anyone have a good rule of thumb for how hot to steam drinks if they are going to take a bit longer to get into the hands of the customer? I'm shooting for 15-20 minutes after the order is placed.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
There is no good answer. No matter how 'hot' someone may want their drink it's still ~155 degrees or you'll burn the milk. And after 15-20 minutes, they can't possibly be a good representation of your drinks. I would either limit to coffee only because that alsmost always needs to cool before people can drink it, or you can have a contract with the main businesses you deliver to and use some cool thermal cups (you'd have to pick them up next delivery), or you can offer iced drinks only and negate that whole thing.

All you can do is 'guaranteed awesomely fresh when made'. Other than that you'd either have to lie or promote selling bad drinks. neither is good. But don't burn your milk... there really is no such thing as "super hot" there's a correct temp, and lower for kids... there's not a hotter one.

Best of luck. :?

Joshudavid

Mar 16, 2007
Visit site
thanks that helps a lot. I wasn't really taking into consideration either the milk burning or the loss of freshness.

I'll just have to make one delivery at a time and do it quick.

How about those to-go-boxes for drip coffee? Does anyone have an opinion of whether or not theyre worth it? The cheapest I've found them is $3.85 a piece.