Buyers Beware - Sav-on Bags

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Hello All -

I normally don't ever publicly "complain" about a scenario but the actions of Sav-on Bags was unacceptable. And from what I see on their Facebook reviews, I am not the only person that has had issues. Long story short, I was searching for a particular type of 4 oz. bag to 'trial' with a few customers. About a week later I was told that the bags I ordered were back-ordered and it would be several weeks before they were in stock. I decided to cut my order in half and try 4 oz pouches. I was very clear verbally and written that the order should be half of the quantity. When my order arrived it was for the full quantity of the originally ordered bags. I emailed them and made them aware of their mistake and they refused to accept the return of the additional amount saying they were custom bags (I had valves installed.. std placement). After several back and forth communications they agreed to accept a return for refund half the bags and they would refund the amount plus a small amount of shipping. They provided UPS labels and off they went. Well - it's now been six weeks... they refuse to return any emails / phone calls etc and still no refund.

Long and short... beware of dealing with these guys. Especially if you're running a business and using their bags.

Mike

ScooterDog

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Mike thanks for the warning. After you posted about them being back ordered on the 4oz bags, I thought I better place my order way in advance of needing 6oz bags... Two weeks after I placed the order and after they charged my credit card, no word on shipping or any comuninacation other than the order confirmation. I called and they told me they were waiting on a shipment of valves. A few days later they shipped the bags. It would have been nice for better communication, but atleast I got my order.

Dan

Boss99er

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, I've ordered a couple times from them, but only for my 5lb bulk bags. Never had an issue with those. Maybe they have much higher sales volume on smaller bags and are having trouble keeping up?

Thanks for the info!

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
We had a problem with them as well. I could never get pricing for high qty orders and until this day they have yet to get back to me.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I think you're missing a point a bit... I ordered half (100), they sent 200. And I guess they were custom due to the fact a valve was installed in a standard spot. That still doesn't excuse 45 days for a return call.

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
LOL, If you think Save On is bad try Pacific Bags. Not only will they not call you back but if you call and bug Pacific Bags they will tell you how great they are.

Bags are a community item and bag companies are a dime a dozen why bother bashing them just go order from someone else. Be happy some sone sold you less than a case of bags.