Buying a New Machine - 1 to 2 Months Out

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
In the next 60 days I'm going to need a new espresso machine for a moble \ vehicle based espresso "cart." Space is a virtue, and so is a cleaning water supply so I believe a super automatic is necessary that I can steam and add shots directly to the clients cup vs needing lots of tins to clean.

On a regular basis this vehicle might do 20 to 30 drinks an hour...at events it could do more for short periods. So I'm looking for something that can handle about 200 shots per hour.

What other factors should I consider? Service, maintenance, cost, installation ease, power supply, etc?

Recommendations? Feel free to email me as well: [email protected]
[/img]

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
Not a lot of choices?

Doesn't see like a lot of choices,

The reason for thinking a superautomatic is two fold speed and cleaning. At a fixed location (hut) there is plenty of space for sinks, but not in a tight fitting vehicle. A superauto would allow us to shoot our espresso directly into the clients cup and the milk \ froth too. No clean up.

We use semi auto's in our fixed location, tins for milk steaming and tins for espresso shots - cleaning them isn't a problem. But in our vehicle space is such a premium as is water supply at some locations....so I want to be able to avoid using tins like that.

Thanks for the responses...

LiftOff

Nov 3, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
I stand corrected. If the space cannot accomodate anything other than a super-auto, than that's all you can do. Go with CCafe's suggestion and get an M2.