Cafe Cups.... all paper or real mugs as well?

Dijitalx

Sep 16, 2007
Visit site
What are your opinions on all paper/styrofoam cups vs. real drink mugs? Are real mugs too much of a hassle or worth the investment?

CawfeeHowse

Oct 10, 2006
Visit site
I don't know much about this kinda stuff but I just wanted to comment on the type of disposable cup you get. I, personally, try to avoid Styrofoam whenever possible for environmental reasons. If your area has a lot of eco-friendly people its something to consider. I know there are some eco-friendly options out there.

And by the way, ceramic mugs and cups are the most eco-friendly - they're reusable!

Just my two cents though! :D

Erin

Caffe Latte

May 10, 2004
New York City
Visit site
might depend on the cost of water, heat, and soap, plus keeping the area clean and dealing with health inspections. With paper cups, all you have to do is make sure that there is a trash bin.

That said, as a customer, for long sits, I'd rather have a mug. it's lest wasteful, doesn't make one feel rushed.

Also, paper over styrofoam, always. Styrofoam is very hard to recycle from what I hear, and takes forever to break down. Paper can be recycled, they sell recycled paper cups and sleeves, and also breaks down quicker.

JavaKitty

Sep 11, 2007
Hoover, AL
Visit site
Paper Cups

We use 100% biodegradable paper cups. No "plastic" lining inside, so they breakdown in 8 weeks. I buy them from Clovernook Industries in Ohio. Super folks that hire the visually impaired. Makes me feel good about what I do.
Java Kitty