Cafe de'Arte

Jug-A-Joe

Jul 23, 2006
Visit site
Has anyone heard of Cafe de'Arte? I heard it's the "Best"... Can anyone verify or deny this? I've heard they won numerous awards by the SCAA. Is that true? I tried to look it up but couldn't find the exact wording. Help would be great to get to the link.

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
Blanket statements like "the best" can be misleading. I have yet to find one company that is "the best" at everything - you will need to select your roaster based on what you taste and what you experience. Choose a flavor profile for your business that projects your image and matches your menu and then be sure that you are pleased by the service offered.

Ken David's Coffee Review offers independent cupping and scoring of a wide variety of coffees if you are looking for reviews of coffees - the onl one from Caffee d'Arte that I was able to locate was this one, which did "o.k." but an 86 is far from "the best": http://www.coffeereview.com/allreviews. ... d=d%27arte

Andrew

Don't believe everything....

Honest: I roast in the same NW neighborhood. So I’m biased. I’d agree that they are in the top tier of roasters as I’m I. However the “awards” mentioned are so old that if they were coffee, they wouldn’t be fit for use in candle making even. My recommendation is to request samples for prospective roasters and see who you like the best. My $.002

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
I tried to avoid jumping in on this one...But what the heck :twisted: As La Crema said, we are in the same neck of the woods. And he is also correct about how old those awards were. Sometimes businesses continue to dwell on old news since nothing new has happened recently. Just because you do well in branding your name does not necessarily mean that your product is all that great. Although I agree they have some good coffee, it is not the best... :wink:

Jug-A-Joe

Jul 23, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the input and the links. If I understand it correctly. Coffee Guy and La Crema agrees that D'Arte is good, but you guys are better. hehe
I did take your advice and requested samples. It is good stuff. I like that it went down smooth and had a sweetness to it. I will try different roasters but so far D'Arte "Meaning of Life" is up there. I'll keep you guys posted on my reviews.

Jug-A-Joe

Jul 23, 2006
Visit site
I just tried the Big Train frappe mixes today and I don't like it as much. It's too stiff. But I only tried what people have sent me when I inquired into different coffee companies. I got the D'Arte stuff from Cuppys. I'll gladly try your coffee too, Coffeemaker.

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
Sorry for any confusion; we neither sell nor represent any coffee. I was just wondering if you had tasted anything other than Caffe D'Arte as a basis of comparison.

Where in the country are you? There is a high likelihood that a local company of better quality can assist you. You really shouldn't settle for what the franchisors are pushing - they probably take a percentage out of what you're paying on every pound.